XBMC add-on statistics
Sometime ago Jonathan published in the add-ons mailing list some stats concerning XBMC add-ons.

I worked a bit on those numbers to present them to anybody curious. Still finishing the job, do. Suggestions are welcome.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
We have better numbers using analytics now. The plan is to use those for 2 metrics:

1. Total downloads.
2. Number of downloads of latest version (kicks in ~7 days after release of a new version).

When it's all up and running it'll be available within XBMC as well.

As another data point, we get on average around 200,000 addon downloads each and every day - thank <insert deity here> for the mirrors!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hudo Wrote:Suggestions are welcome.

just wondering why you've decided to use 3 month old stats,
when daily updated statistics are available here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/addons_simplestats.xml
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:just wondering why you've decided to use 3 month old stats,

strange, seems some addons are missing there.
i can't find logo downloader or tvshow next aired.
ppic Wrote:strange, seems some addons are missing there.
i can't find logo downloader or tvshow next aired.

they're both listed:
Quote: <addon id="script.logo-downloader">
<downloads>316532</downloads>
</addon>

<addon id="script.tv.show.next.aired">
<downloads>146724</downloads>
</addon>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:just wondering why you've decided to use 3 month old stats,

Because I couldn't find those numbers. Confused I searched a lot but not enough, apparently.

I'm going to correct the numbers to the latest available.

h.udo

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
ronie Wrote:they're both listed:

ho yes sorry, don't know why my search doesn't find them!
thanks
Updated the post with the numbers from today, 12:00GMT.

Some funny things start to become obvious:

The most downloaded scrapers are the themoviedb and tvdb, both around 1.5 million downloads. Maybe because they are open in nature or because they are the ones installed by default.
I had the perception that a lot of users preferred imdb. Not truth. Currently it only represents around 20% when compared to themoviedb.

Would be nice to try and separate the downloads by revision. That could take us a lot closer to the number of active XBMC machines. A perfect add-on to achieve this is the themoviedb because it is the one most people use (most people primarily use XBMC to watch movies) and is one of the few we know for sure is always installed.

By the way, the sum of downloads for the 17 skins available - 1162986 - is inferior to the downloads of only the themoviedb add-on - 1635277.

h.udo

Indeed this includes auto updates so if 100,000 people have it installed and it gets 5 updates and have auto updates on. it automatically goes to 500,00 downloads
Yes, I'm aware of that.
But the same auto update for a given add-on - I think themoviedb is the best for this - gives us the chance to actually know the real number, or pretty close to that, of deployed XBMC installations.

Just count downloads from the first download of rev X until rev Y-1.

Something to consider...

h.udo

P.S.: Is there any easy way to know the scrapers mount point, like music, album, musicvideo, etc? I'm currently modifying amet's addon_list.py to make it give me the mount point.

They implement different extension points. Not in the stat xml though.
Thanks.
I'm gonna try amet's script.

I counted that xbmc git tree (May 9, 2011) has a total of 2,131,544 physical source lines of code Cool
LOL
I presume it doesn't include code doxygen, just real code lines.

h.udo

No, not included. This is the ranking by language:

Code:
ansic:      1238989 (58.13%)
cpp:         592934 (27.82%)
xml:         131845 (6.19%)
sh:          100552 (4.72%)
asm:          28299 (1.33%)
pascal:       10823 (0.51%)
python:        9001 (0.42%)
cs:            5212 (0.24%)
objc:          4316 (0.20%)
perl:          2417 (0.11%)