[RELEASE] mFlow (UK free streaming music service/Spotify alternative)
Nice addon, any way to stay logged in rather than logging in every time? (ps takes a while to log in, is this normal?)
PantsOnFire Wrote:Nice addon, any way to stay logged in rather than logging in every time? (ps takes a while to log in, is this normal?)

Hi there,

I've done a new version 0.4.1 which will log you in automatically when the plugin launches if username and password are set. It also includes a couple of other bug fixes including a change to make sure that items in playlists adhere to the item limit you have set in the settings. If you're using the repo, it'll show up when mortstar has time to add it on. There's a manual download link at the top of the thread if you wish to upgrade manually.

As far as the length of time to login is concerned, are you using Windows? My experience on linux is that it is near instant, whereas on my windows box it takes about 10 seconds. I guess that is probably to do with the implementation of ssl, because it is the only part of the plugin where it uses SSL. So, if you're on Windows, yes, I'm afraid it is normal.
PS - I've been working on a python script which converts a spotify playlist to an mflow playlist and would like to get a few beta testers. If anyone would like to give it a try, please drop me a private message.

cheers
Hi, just wanted to post that this doesn't work with any of the 'odd' logins like google, openid or facebook
proteusplum Wrote:As far as the error goes, it doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong, but I'm afraid I can't tell you much more without a debug log
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84162

procrastinator has reported having the addon working on ATV earlier in the thread, so I don't think it can be a general issue with that platform. If he sees this, hopefully he might be able to chip in any suggestions...

Hey

I'm getting the same error:
Quote:Visualization: OpenGL Spectrum

Add-on could not be loaded.
an unknown error has occurred.

Relevant portion of xbmc.log is:
Quote:14:47:09 T:97103872 M: 89681920 ERROR: Unable to load /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/visualization.glspectrum/opengl_spectrum.vis, reason: dlopen(/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/visualization.glspectrum/opengl_spectrum.vis, 1): no suitable image found. Did find:
/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/visualization.glspectrum/opengl_spectrum.vis: mach-o, but wrong architecture
/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/visualization.glspectrum/opengl_spectrum.vis: stat() failed with errno=0

14:47:09 T:97103872 M: 89681920 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:OpenGL Spectrum, clientID:visualization.glspectrum (same Thread=no)

I'm using XBMC PRE-11.0 GIT:20110515-8B3A9FC on an ATV2: Darwin Kernel v 11.0.0: Thu Feb 10 21:46:56 PST 2011 root:xnu-1735.46~2/RELEASE_ARM_S5L8930X

Any thoughts/ideas/advice most appreciated!
mjec Wrote:Hey

I'm getting the same error:

Relevant portion of xbmc.log is:

I'm using XBMC PRE-11.0 GIT:20110515-8B3A9FC on an ATV2: Darwin Kernel v 11.0.0: Thu Feb 10 21:46:56 PST 2011 root:xnu-1735.46~2/RELEASE_ARM_S5L8930X

Any thoughts/ideas/advice most appreciated!

My understanding is that you have to disable music visualisations on Apple TV. If you track back through the thread the other person with this problem solved the issue by doing so.

In response to the comment about openid, thanks for the feedback, you are right and I will amend the settings menu to make this clear next time I do a release. I don't have any plan to support openid unless there is significant demand for it as I suspect the implementation would be quite tricky without a web interface. Happy to be proven wrong if anyone can demonstrate an easy way of doing this.
would just like to say thank you for this plugin!
ive never used mflow until i came across this plugin and i absolutely love it!..

i have signed up and made a couple of playlist for my favourite albums etc..

this sure does come in handy!
I've only recently come across this plugin too, and think it's pretty impressive.

A feature I'd like to see implemented is access to shared or other users playlists. I've found this to be a great way to find new music rather than listening to my own playlists.

Other than that, love this plugin and use it every day Big Grin
myksterx Wrote:would just like to say thank you for this plugin!
ive never used mflow until i came across this plugin and i absolutely love it!..

Thanks, pleased to hear it! I use it a fair bit myself, but it's great to know other people find it useful.
myksterx Wrote:would just like to say thank you for this plugin!

Funnily enough, I have a version with the ability to access trending playlists & followed user playlists sitting on my harddrive. I'll get it sent on to the nice chap whose repo it is on (mortstar) soon...
mFlow have removed some functions from their API which breaks some features in the plugin (Latest Track Flows; Trending Tags; Enter a Tag). I can't fix these features unless mFlow restores the relevant functions, unfortunately. I've contacted them to find out whether they are going to restore these functions or not..
proteusplum Wrote:mFlow have removed some functions from their API which breaks some features in the plugin (Latest Track Flows; Trending Tags; Enter a Tag). I can't fix these features unless mFlow restores the relevant functions, unfortunately. I've contacted them to find out whether they are going to restore these functions or not..

Now fixed in v. 0.4.3, available from mortstar's repo. You now need to be logged in to use these functions.
proteusplum Wrote:As far as the length of time to login is concerned, are you using Windows? My experience on linux is that it is near instant, whereas on my windows box it takes about 10 seconds. I guess that is probably to do with the implementation of ssl, because it is the only part of the plugin where it uses SSL. So, if you're on Windows, yes, I'm afraid it is normal.

it takes me about 1 minute and 30 seconds to login from windows 7 x64 Sad (xbmc 10.1). that works fine if i go to music - files - music addons, but if i put mflow to favorites for easy access later, when i open it from there (or from main menu to which i've added it also) xbmc hangs and i have to kill and restart it (plugin doesn't open, it doesn't log in. it just hangs xbmc). would you have any ideas on how to do something about that?

p.s. it works just fine if i don't log in...but then I don't have all the features Smile
ray2301 Wrote:it takes me about 1 minute and 30 seconds to login from windows 7 x64 Sad (xbmc 10.1). that works fine if i go to music - files - music addons, but if i put mflow to favorites for easy access later, when i open it from there (or from main menu to which i've added it also) xbmc hangs and i have to kill and restart it (plugin doesn't open, it doesn't log in. it just hangs xbmc). would you have any ideas on how to do something about that?

p.s. it works just fine if i don't log in...but then I don't have all the features Smile

Yeah, same Issue here with ATV2.
ray2301 Wrote:it takes me about 1 minute and 30 seconds to login from windows 7 x64 Sad (xbmc 10.1). that works fine if i go to music - files - music addons, but if i put mflow to favorites for easy access later, when i open it from there (or from main menu to which i've added it also) xbmc hangs and i have to kill and restart it (plugin doesn't open, it doesn't log in. it just hangs xbmc). would you have any ideas on how to do something about that?

I've had a look at this and think I've found a fix for the crashes. I'm sending mortstar a new version 0.4.4 with the fix. Hope the update works for you Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] mFlow (UK free streaming music service/Spotify alternative)1