Smugmug Add-on for XBMC?
Hi,

I have searched the forums and have not been able to find a definite answer to my question... is there a smugmug add-on for XBMC?

I have recently bought an Apple TV 2 and have put XBMC on it and it works great (except for the fact that it crashes whenever I play mkv or mp4 files - but I think that is a known issue). The native iOS allows me to display my photos from iTunes which is good... but requires my mac to be powered up.

I would take on the task of creating an add-on if one does not exist, but this would probably be some time off as I have no real experience in this area and would need a lot of guidance.

Thanks in advance.
i also cannot live without smugmug
i saw such a plugin in boxee
I would be interested in this... any progress on the Add-on?
HTPC: CPU | MoBo | GPU | Case & PSU | RAM |SSD
I'm also interested.

I can start developing my own plugin but I thinks it's not wise to develop 2 plugins for the same purpose.
So I'm wondering if aab203 is currently working on this add-on, and what the status of the project may be.
Is anyone actively developing a plugin for SmugMug? I'd love to have this. I'd be willing to help out as well if someone is. I have a lot of experience developing software - but more like device drivers - not so much web stuff (a little though).
(2012-05-05, 21:57)kcstrom Wrote: Is anyone actively developing a plugin for SmugMug? I'd love to have this. I'd be willing to help out as well if someone is. I have a lot of experience developing software - but more like device drivers - not so much web stuff (a little though).

In this topic I asked if aab203 is developing this plugin.
Since his last post (and login) is from the day he registered, and he hasn't responded to the question I guess he isn't developing.

I want to develop this add-on so I'm currently reading the topics/guides on how to create an add-on. I also requested a api key from smugmug already.
Before I can start developing I have to figure out a few more things, like:
  • oauth for the login from within the add-on
  • api calls to smugmug (how to retreive the albums/photos)
  • local caching of the photos
  • how to create a slideshow

After that, any help is welcome since this is my first plugin Smile
I have little experience with developing device drivers, but I have been developing for web the last 11 years now (in a few different languages).
GREAT NEWS.... CyberJack

I hope you can get it working. Wish I could help.
Love SmugMug! In fact, I was really surprised there was no XBMC plugin for it.

I can't offer any coding support, since I don't have any experience, but here is some moral support Smile
Just a quick update.

I started the development on the SmugMug addon.
Sadly I haven't had much time last few weeks, but I've planned this complete Saturday.
I hope to make some real progress this weekend.

That's great CyberJack.... Keep it up!

Thanks again
CyberJack, thanks a lot for the initiative ! Any progress on the plugin ?

(2012-05-07, 16:32)CyberJack Wrote: After that, any help is welcome since this is my first plugin Smile
I have little experience with developing device drivers, but I have been developing for web the last 11 years now (in a few different languages).

I have no experience with developing anything, but just few things for myself. I can do tcl, perl, c (some) and c#. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks again.
Tolik.

I was so surprised and disappointed when I did a search for a SM plugin and came up empty. Thanks for taking this on!
Hi everyone,

Just saw this and thought I would check how it was going? I might be able to offer my help on this (not that it will be much). I am from a programing background but like you haven't done a plug in before; but this is a good place to start as I have a few photo's on smugmug and this sort of plug in would be handy.
Has anyone made any progress on this plugin.
Hi,

There really wasn't any interest/response on this so I never really took it any further. Not sure if the original author did any further work. There is still a possibility that I could do something here but would need to take another look at whats involved.[/quote]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smugmug Add-on for XBMC?2