Changing Channels?
Hi guys,

I've got everything working with the MediaPortal server and XBMC frontend. However, when changing channels (unless it's through the change channels menu), I'm being sent back to the TV Guide.

I.e. Either pressing up or down, or keying in the channel number sends me to the TV guide. Have I missed something obvious?
where did you get the pvr build from and what git revision is it?
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
@bullseye101: My assumption is that you are probably using the "MediaPortal (ffmpeg) pvr addon" from my or Dushmaniac's build.
It is a known issue for this addon and can only be solved by changing XBMC's internal behavior.

@dushmaniac: For your information the technical details behind this problem:
The ffmpeg version of the Mediaportal addon uses rtsp streams for TV playback using the . A channel change closes the existing stream and recreates it with the same URL. XBMC does not expect the stream interrupt and will jump back to the channel list.

Channel switching via up/down and numbers is currently only working for addons that use the OpenLiveStream/ReadLiveStream method. It is broken for addons that just transfer a stream URL or use GetLiveStreamURL(). I've tried to fix it a while back but it is difficult to figure out what the best place is to fix this. Depending on the chosen method for stream transfer, XBMC may need to close the existing (URL) stream and open an new one...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hello, I am facing a similar problem to that commented by margro.
I am testing the PVR functionalities (with builds from the PPA and the GIT code) with my own addon which gives a list of HTTP URLs back to XBMC. The addon leaves all the handling and demuxing in hands of XBMC.
The video reproduction works totally fine. But when I try to switch channel, XBMC crashes when I try to go back to the previous watched channel, or freezes to a black screen when I switch channels typing the channel number in the popup keypad.
I have the same problem. Changing channels pressing up or down, or keying in the channel number doesn't work.
Yep... It doesn't work. Also, teletext doesn't seem to do anything either using mediaportal
loggio Wrote:Yep... It doesn't work. Also, teletext doesn't seem to do anything either using mediaportal
That's strange. It does work (in both the master and Dharma builds for both the ffmpeg and TSReader versions) although not yet perfectly.
It works when you open a channel and then select teletext, but after channel swithing with up/down (works for the TSReader version only) XBMC still shows a frozen teletext image from the previous channel.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I have just tried the last git pvr version and I have seen that now changing channels from the menu list doesn't work. It only work if I stop the previous channel manually before activating the next channel.

Also timeline mode of EPG does not work.
I have to do the same, stop the current channel and press play on the next. I was hoping that xbmc would initiate the new stream while playing the old one and once the new stream is ready to play, only then do a switch over... This could work where the back end provides this feature.

I'm using vnsi-client as plugin to vnsi-server for vdr 1.7.18
xbmcuser2000 Wrote:I have the same problem. Changing channels pressing up or down, or keying in the channel number doesn't work.

It already works. Thanks. In Oneiric (using natty repesotory) it always works fine but in Lucid Xbmc dies after several (2-3) channel changes by number or arrows.
Channel changing doesn't work with the fortherecord backend either.

But if I understand correctly from Margro's post, It should work with MP TSReader? In that case I'm going to migrate backends tonight. But last time I switched from MediaPortal to fortherecord, it took me a good few hours so I want to be sure..

Edit: Took me 4 hours but it's worth the time spended! Fast channel switching and CH+/CH- buttons. I'm now using a Mediaportal 1.2 backend, but I had to use the debug bridge as the plugin version reported to be too old. Now I just used a timer to start it 10 seconds after the TV Service has launched, and it works Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Channels?1