Acer Revo 3700
Hi,

Ok, I've been looking at a media center solution ranging from Boxee box to popcorn hour. I finally decided to go for the Acer Revo r3700 to install XBMC live, and it seems to be a nice 'out of the box' solution.

My issue now is, I am in the Netherlands and the UK website with the nice price doesn't deliver here. I've checked all the computer sites I can think of in Netherlands and no one seems to be selling this model. The only thing I can find is on e-bay imported from Taiwan (which means hefty customs duty no doubt) or amazon in germany which it is priced at 299euros.

So,.. I'm confused as what to do now... :confused2:
what about this one
http://cgi.ebay.nl/NEW-ACER-Aspire-Revo-...45f7053fc2
??
Hi eskro, yes I saw all these but they seem to be coming from Taiwan. I calculated the customs duty could be €44.84 pushing the price to €280.84. Do you think this is still a good deal?

(I used dutycalculator.com to calculate the customs duty)
thetester Wrote:Hi eskro, yes I saw all these but they seem to be coming from Taiwan. I calculated the customs duty could be €44.84 pushing the price to €280.84. Do you think this is still a good deal?

(I used dutycalculator.com to calculate the customs duty)

In pound sterling that is not really a good deal as you can get this model for aprox £200.

http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/...ID=B595719

I am not too sure what the delivery cost would be like to the Netherlands however it did say its delivers to the EU so could be an option.

FYI £200.50 = €228
Thanks for the reply. I ordered from ebuyer in the end and I will have someone post it out to me. In the process they will also send me my old HP Remote and IR receiver so I will be good to go!

Although I was looking at a one purpose use for this computer, I am now wondering what the limitations are. I'm wondering already about DVB-T/C USB tuner/s and maybe smartcard readers. But one step at a time starting with XBMC Live for use with the NAS Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 37000