Null separator in advanced settings
Hi there
My music collection is shaed between xbmc and other software who happen to follow quite strictly the id3 v2.4 recommendations. That means that the separator for multiple values is the null byte, nothing else.
Now xbmc allows for a custom separator. The thing is, it's in an xml file, and from what i remember (badly), a null character in xml is a no-no, at least for compliant parsers.
Is it possible to set this separator to the null byte, and what would that be, \0, 0x00 ... ?

(those of you with good memory will remember that I posted this some months ago, but that was just before the forum crash and the post got lost, and I forgot to ask again...Rolleyes)

I found an old thread (2006), but I don't really understand the "pseudo-supports" bit.

I can provide a file with null separated values, if someone is up to it.
This is a while back, but did you ever find a solution? I'm using Jaikoz and playing with both v23 and v24 - both using nulls - and I have the same problem.
night199uk is currently working on this stuff, so expect to see improvements soon Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-07-15, 01:25)jmarshall Wrote: night199uk is currently working on this stuff, so expect to see improvements soon Smile

Has this been addressed yet? I've searched thoroughly on the forum and wiki but haven't seen any mention of nulls.

Thanks.
Assuming taglib handles it, XBMC will receive them pre-split.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Awesome! It's working nicely and is a much better solution to using itemseparator. Big Grin

I just upgraded to Frodo and expected to rescan and have genres populate. It wasn't happening. I also lost all my music art so I deleted/added back the music source and it's working perfectly now.

Thank you guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Null separator in advanced settings0