[Windows] bugs in almost all recent compiles.
Hi guys,

You're probably all aware of these issues, as this is all under heavy development, but i just thought i'd point out a few things i've noticed using the pre 11 compiles from both Dushmaniac and Margro.

I'm using Windows with a single seat Mediaportal plugin setup.

01# - when you install for the first time and scan all your channels, the radio channels are in the same list as the tv channels... Can't seem to get rid of them... and they won't play from there anyway, not sure what's up with that Huh

02# - if you go to tv settings and 'channel manager' and re-arrange the channels and hit "apply changes" it does not save the changes! however, you can re-arrange the channels in the guide in ''live tv'' ... Though, this in itself is pretty buggy and doesn't seem to work properly or in ''real-time''.

03# - Timeline is basically unusable!... It only shows one or two channels EPG's... the rest are blank. Then if i move away from timeline view and try to come back to it... it won't show up at all... instead just goes to some random blank screen and tends to crashe at this point quite a bit.

These problems did not exist AT ALL using margros 10.1 stable build (before API changes)

The problems i stated above have been on-going since the API changes a while back. Not sure if they are only affecting Media Portal or not.

Thanks guys and sorry if I'm repeating issues. Big Grin
I can confirm #01. The mistake is inside XBMC and not in the Mediaportal addon. After a long debug session I saw that one of the queries PVRDatabase returns also radio channels when requesting a tv group. It's fixed now in my repository.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
1) the add-on shouldn't add radio channels to a tv channel group. and xbmc shouldn't add them. @margro could you send me a pull req if you have a fix for it please?

2) do you have "use backend channel order" enabled? if so, the backend will overwrite your custom channel order. if you enabled using backend channel groups, the backend will add and remove channels from groups. some parts of the dialogs should be disabled if you enabled one of those options, but that isn't implemented yet

3) timeline is perfectly usable. if it's not working for you it's likely to be an issue with the add-on you're using.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac Wrote:1) the add-on shouldn't add radio channels to a tv channel group. and xbmc shouldn't add them. @margro could you send me a pull req if you have a fix for it please?
The MediaPortal addon does not add radio channels to tv groups, however you can have two different backend groups with the same name (one for TV and one for radio).
What I saw during my debug session is that XBMC first adds radio channels to the internal radio group in the database. Next it starts to load the TV channels. When requesting the TV channels from the internal tv group (which should be empty the first time before adding the backend channels) the database query at line 304 of PVRDatabase.cpp returns all just added radio channels. Their radio property is correctly set, so the query is wrong or the contents of the database.

I've fixed the query but before sending a pull request, I will first check the database contents to check whether the Get query is causing this behavior or whether it is a storage problem.

Update: just checked the database contents with sqlite browser and the "map_channelgroups_channels" table contains also a wrong mapping. My 20 radio channels are mapped both to idGroup 1 AND 2. So the radio channels are mapped also to the internal TV group in XBMC. Don't know why...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
please create a ticket on trac on github for this issue with your findings and a full debug log
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac Wrote:please create a ticket on trac on github for this issue with your findings and a full debug log
Will do that later today.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] bugs in almost all recent compiles.0