m4V files not seen on XBMC
Ok i have had no problem playing any file so far but for some reason when i put my TV shows into xbmc they wont show in the library if they are m4v format.
Which i had a bunch in itunes and i moved them to XBMC to get them off my main hard drive but now i can only see the files under the files menu but they do not show under the library.

I dont see this as a known issue so any suggestions?
Thanks
ilovemymac Wrote:Ok i have had no problem playing any file so far but for some reason when i put my TV shows into xbmc they wont show in the library if they are m4v format.
Which i had a bunch in itunes and i moved them to XBMC to get them off my main hard drive but now i can only see the files under the files menu but they do not show under the library.

I dont see this as a known issue so any suggestions?
Thanks
My mistake my m4v files do not show up in files or library.
Try this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ensions.3E

Code:
<videoextensions>

A list of additional file-extensions to allow (add) or exclude (remove) in the My Video windows.

These are the current default extensions for VIDEOS:

.m4v .3gp .nsv .ts .ty .strm .rm .rmvb .m3u .ifo .mov .qt .divx .xvid .bivx .vob .nrg .img
.iso .pva .wmv .asf .asx .ogm .m2v .avi .bin .dat .dvr-ms .mpg .mpeg .mp4 .mkv .avc .vp3
.svq3 .nuv .viv .dv .fli .flv .rar .001 .wpl .zip

<videoextensions>
  <add>.ex1|.ex2</add>
  <remove>.ex3|.ex4</remove>
</videoextensions>
I have the same problem.

My bought TV Shows , which are m4v file won't show up in XBMC.

I am using Meta Browser to keep the Meta data in place and to create NFO Files

So XBMC should only look for the NFO File and then put the episodes in the right place. But it doesn't do that.

It shows the TV Show, but there are no episodes in there.

But for my bought iTunes films XBMC does the trick...

I tried to set up a advancedsettings.xml file to include the m4v format, but that didn't help either...

I really need some help here, plz...
Plz anybody...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
m4V files not seen on XBMC0