Gigabyte Mobo Question
Hey guys. Just exploring parts and options for future builds. If I am looking to make a basic Win7 build that can run 1080p content over a network (not from a drive), would this mobo work?

GIGABYTE GA-H61N-USB3

Link to the board on Newegg

I'm just asking in regards to compatibility and capability (not alternatives at the price) for running a Win7 system using this board, a G630, whatever RAM, and some kind of 5400RPM laptop drive or SSD. It will pull content from my local network via gigabit wired connection.

Thoughts?
Main HTPC: i5-2500k Sandybridge 3.3Ghz - ASRock Z68 - Radeon HD6950 2GB - 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws - 64GB Crucial M4 SSD - 500GB HDD storage
Master Bedroom: G530 - ASRock H67M - 4GB Kingston HyperX - 160GB Seagate 2.5"
Living Room: Xbox 360 Media Center Extender
After going to the link and reading what was there I would say it would work.
Agree
I use this motherboard with the G530, G620, i3-2100, etc. for my E-i5 Intel barebones. It's a really good budget motherboard with lots of HTPC features like HDMI, coax/optical out, eSATA, etc. Minuses are only 2 x SATA and the BIOS is not the graphical BIOS.

I also use this motherboard for myself in my office PC with a i3-2100, 8GB RAM and a 128GB SSD.
I've got to say, the contributions from the members on this board are fantastic. In less than an hour I get three confirmations to a question, including someone who has first-hand experience.

I've already setup my current PC to run XBMC and am just looking at build configurations for two smaller boxes down the line, but the responses to help questions on this board make XBMC more of a no-brainer than it already was for me. Thanks guys!
Main HTPC: i5-2500k Sandybridge 3.3Ghz - ASRock Z68 - Radeon HD6950 2GB - 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws - 64GB Crucial M4 SSD - 500GB HDD storage
Master Bedroom: G530 - ASRock H67M - 4GB Kingston HyperX - 160GB Seagate 2.5"
Living Room: Xbox 360 Media Center Extender

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gigabyte Mobo Question0