Crashes while importing/adding to library
Hey all, just grabbed an ATV2 and spend forever jailbreaking it.... it was actually a pain. Couldn't save any of the SHSH files but got it downgraded to ATV 1.1 so I could jailbreak it. Anyway, it's replacing another box which I had running XBMC, so I exported the old library and tried to import it. Well while importing, it never finishes. It always crashes. Also, it seems to hang at "Scanning for new content" after adding a few films. Dunno if this has been reported before or if it's been fixed, but it's a little annoying Sad

Currently running XBMC PRE-10.0 Git: 4b032be

I jailbroke with greenpois0n and installed via NitoTV. Anything I might be missing?
I've had some funky problems when using UPnP instead of SMB so try another standard and see how it goes.
If you're implying that I should try smb, I already am. Otherwise... how does upnp even replace smb?
You read what I wrote, if you don't get it fine. My system doesn't crash, yours does, otherwise....I'm sure it's awesome.
RobertJapan Wrote:You read what I wrote, if you don't get it fine. My system doesn't crash, yours does, otherwise....I'm sure it's awesome.

Eek What's with the attitude, man? I don't understand what you mean. As far as I know, UPnP is not a protocol for connecting to network drives, so I'm wondering how you use that instead.
ar1stotle Wrote:I don't understand what you mean

You're a smart person, I'm sure you can figure it out.
Sure, I'm smart, but being helpful and courteous are important parts of a strong online community. For what it's worth, my network drives don't support UPnP, nor was that the issue.

The problem ended up being that some of my video folders contained multiple .nfo files. They caused the scanner to just choke for some reason. Fixing those few movies, my library is now complete!
ar1stotle Wrote:Sure, I'm smart, but being helpful and courteous are important parts of a strong online community.

So is dropping your attitude punk.
ar1stotle: thanks for posting your solution. I'm also having trouble with some sources, so I might go have a hunt around for multiple nfo's and see if that's the problem.

RobertJapan: You're the one with the attitude, buddy.

EDIT: Seems as though the duplicate NFO was the reason for my problems too. Thanks again for the tip!

EDIT 2: Nope, still doing it. Damn.
So I was setting up MySql and I exported my main video library and then sftp'ed it onto my ATV2 (into var/mobile) intending to import it from there. But my XBMC crashes before it even starts. Any ideas? Was this particular method of getting the library on there no kosher? Thanks in advance...
If you are setting up MySQL, why do you need to put the library onto the ATV2. I thought the idea was to get it off there?

You have probably buggered the permissions of the files you copied onto the ATV2, or the database version is not compatible.

I could make guesses all day. How about you provide some information like a logfile and crashdump.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
g-off Wrote:If you are setting up MySQL, why do you need to put the library onto the ATV2. I thought the idea was to get it off there?

You have probably buggered the permissions of the files you copied onto the ATV2, or the database version is not compatible.

I could make guesses all day. How about you provide some information like a logfile and crashdump.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480

haha yeah that was my understanding too, but the library didn't seem to fully update (I thought it just needed a reset, or something, the first time). Anyways I was really just looking for ideas and both of yours make sense. Here's my log file (http://pastebin.com/bsF1EZNh), not sure how to paste a crashdump, but I highlighted "incident identifier" and put it up on Pastebin (http://pastebin.com/75na6FRn), so if something jumps out at you, i'd be grateful for some direction.

As it stands, my theory is that anything that was loaded into PseudoTV on my HTPC is what my ATV2's library is reading. It seems to have all, or most, of the TV shows but only a couple eps here and there. I guess I need to find a way to refresh all? Obviously I'm a bit out of my league and really appreciate your help.
It is connecting to the SQL server ok but the data is not quite right.

There are a large number of:
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting Z:\TV Shows\30 Rock\

The paths for the files on your MySQL server are using drive letters from your HTPC.

To use SQL all the paths to the files need to be in a form that works at all the devices using it. Drive Z does not exist on the ATV2.

Usually people define their Source using smb://server/share format so that it is portable.

Even if Z: is a drive on the HTPC you should be able to share it with smb: and add that smb address even though it is on the same machine.

Create the sources on the HTPC again. Scan the sources again and then try the ATV again.
g-off Wrote:It is connecting to the SQL server ok but the data is not quite right.

The paths for the files on your MySQL server are using drive letters from your HTPC.

To use SQL all the paths to the files need to be in a form that works at all the devices using it. Drive Z does not exist on the ATV2.

Usually people define their Source using smb://server/share format so that it is portable.

Even if Z: is a drive on the HTPC you should be able to share it with smb: and add that smb address even though it is on the same machine.

Create the sources on the HTPC again. Scan the sources again and then try the ATV again.

ARGH, OF COURSE! haha, I def should've figured that out myself. I'm assuming my best bet is to delete my current movie/tv sources and re-ad them with the smb prefix (they aren't on the same machine, just mapped from the NAS), though I don't fully understand why such few shows actually showed up, but most movies. Anyways, thanks again for you help, I'll implement it when I get home from work and report back.
g-off Wrote:It is connecting to the SQL server ok but the data is not quite right.

So, I've been hacking at this mess for a few hours now and I got most of the issues sorted out, I think. So @g-off, thank you so much for you're help so far. I was having an issue that I think was sorted out with a xbmc update (I think?) as I gathered from the various lines of of this log (http://pastebin.com/uXmh6TNG around 260). Every time I entered the Home Screen and/or TV shows (which were still only loading 2-4 eps of each series) a "Error! Script failed! RecentlyAdded.py", but I gather that nightmare is over now.

But in the log I pasted I still see a lot of errors that seem to be caused by it still attempting to search my mapped network drive (ZSmile. I've changed everything over, or at least I thought. Any idea why that error keeps popping up?

Also one more thing if you would be so kind: the log I posted above is with a sources file that lists my sources with a username and password. As in, smb://xbmc:xbmc@NASISLIKE/Videos. This next one (http://pastebin.com/0XU4ECpG) is when I changed my sources.xml to be smb://NASISLIKE/Videos, as in without a username:login. I can't seem to see any difference (so I guess no problem), but can't imagine I don't need a username/password to log into that share. Both logs seem to have a Failed to Connect Error on line 248, which I certainly don't like, but don't understand. You've already been a huge help, but if you could shine some light on this, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashes while importing/adding to library0