Proposal: New Sub-Forums
TugboatBill Wrote:Work? Oo

who does that? lol. I'm at work now. that shouldn't stop them Big Grin
Great idea.
Too much posts here, the "Supplemental Tools for XBMC" is just too messy, too much tools in here, and for a new XBMC user this is just unfriendly.
dhead Wrote:Great idea.
Too much posts here, the "Supplemental Tools for XBMC" is just too messy, too much tools in here, and for a new XBMC user this is just unfriendly.

exactly, too much posts in "Supplemental Tools for XBMC"

but it seems that the administrators doesn't want to help us Sad
Great Idea... Big Grin
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
It would help me find what I'm looking for, the best Media Manager out thereBig Grin
stolek5 Wrote:but it seems that the administrators doesn't want to help us Sad
I think that should be subject to the overhaul as well. Seeing that many devs actually moderate the forums and subforums it probably would make more sense to also have dedicated moderators available. Those could watch over the forums and maintain visability and sanity.

I would say that it makes sense to "hire" people who then in turn moderate the forums properly. I think it is just not on the devs-time-table to actually do this accurately. Those people of course should be voluntary, I'm pretty sure that if you start to offer these positions, people will start to chime in ( I for once would Wink )

For supplemental tools my proposal for subforums:
1. Tool Release Forum
2. Tool Developement Forum
3. Support Forum

This way you would not exactly split the posts, but you could maintain more visability. The Release-Forum would be to post new releases and nothing else. No support, probably with locked posts and a request system (after a release is gone to the public).
The Dev-Forum would be for development only - including possible commentaries on the development (like: Feature-Requests for instance), but no support either.
The Support-Forum will be dedicated to give support around the sup-tools only. Nothing else.

This way you could maintain more visability/usability but you wouldn't go ahead and categorize the tools already. Maybe for this specific tasks (create and maintain tool-categories) it would be more helpful to work with tags - but this of course depends on the forum-backend supporting this.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

added to 1st post:

- XBMC Constellation - iPhone/iPad
I just saw huge reorganization in "Plugin/Script (Python) Addons Help and Support" section, maybe admin team, also can take a look on "Supplemental Tools" ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposal: New Sub-Forums0