Problem scraping specific series

  Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Post Reply
Fox Offline
Senior Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation: 1
Question  Problem scraping specific series
Post: #1
I have some weird problem with a few of my series.
I think I have narrowed it down to the .xml file in the /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/scrapers/metadata.tvdb.com folder.
If I run a refresh on an episode I get some info but the Plot is always missing (for these specific series). But if I delete the .xml file and run again it will fetch the right info.

Here is my debug log,
http://pastebin.com/Y2rAnrhg
At ~18:46 I first ran one refresh, got no plot information.
Then I deleted the .xml file and ran it again at ~18:48 and it fetched all the info nicely for that episode. And as far I as have seen it works now until I want to fetch the info for another series (of the problematic ones, most work nicely though).

/Fox

If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
find quote
olympia Offline
Team-XBMC Member
Posts: 2,493
Joined: May 2008
Reputation: 32
Post: #2
From where did you get the tvdb scraper? Did you modify it?
find quote
Fox Offline
Senior Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation: 1
Post: #3
From the regular Addon installer, haven't touched it.

If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
find quote
olympia Offline
Team-XBMC Member
Posts: 2,493
Joined: May 2008
Reputation: 32
Post: #4
Very odd because the API key doesn't seem to match with the one in the offical repo.
find quote
Fox Offline
Senior Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation: 1
Post: #5
Hmm well actually maybe you are right, it's from the XBMCFreak livecd so I can't be sure it's the regular one, but I get the updates now and then too it...

I can try to remove it and add it again if you think that helps?

If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
find quote
olympia Offline
Team-XBMC Member
Posts: 2,493
Joined: May 2008
Reputation: 32
Post: #6
I am really wondering how this can happen, but this is causing the issue for sure. What is the scraper version you are using atm?

Can you pastepin the scraper as well?
find quote
Fox Offline
Senior Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation: 1
Post: #7
Sure, but not sure which file you want to see, here is the tvdb.xml
http://pastebin.com/qZwhiZiU

Changelog say it's version 1.2.1

If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
find quote
olympia Offline
Team-XBMC Member
Posts: 2,493
Joined: May 2008
Reputation: 32
Post: #8
I can/will fix this on our end (you will get the fix with a scraper update), but the potential reason is that you have a tvshow.nfo with an <episodeguideurl> with a different API key (created by an external media manger which seems to be Sick Beard looking at the key).
(This post was last modified: 2011-05-10 23:26 by olympia.)
find quote
Fox Offline
Senior Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation: 1
Post: #9
Ah thanks! Thats seems be the cause of the problem, I did a search for that file and found it on the shows that was making trouble.
Guess they were old remnants from when I was playing around earlier with an external manager.
If you want me to do some more testing just tell me!

Thanks again!

If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
find quote
olympia Offline
Team-XBMC Member
Posts: 2,493
Joined: May 2008
Reputation: 32
Post: #10
I've just deployed the fix with scraper v1.2.2.
Update the scraper and test if it is working if you still have those tvshow.nfos.
find quote
Fox Offline
Senior Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation: 1
Post: #11
Worked perfectly. Smile
I left two tvshow.nfo files just for testing and both shows were not fetching the right info before the update but after I got 1.2.2 it got the right information.

So again big thanks!

If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
find quote