• 14(current)
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing]
pecinko Wrote:Ok will add checkmarks.

Awesome, Thanks!
Found and added unicode Helvetica like font. It looks good!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Guys, I guess we don't need watched checkmarks in library mode as we can filter those out in left menu?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

tomwrob Wrote:Yes, you need to drop the zip file onto your ATV2, then through the XBMC addon menu, install from zip...

Hopefully the new public release is imminent, with repo?

Thanks for the help iam trying this now. I can SSH into my ATV2 usign winSCP in Windows, but where abouts do I put the skin folder? Iam lead to believe the location is '/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin' but I can't seem to find this location. Confused
jimton Wrote:Thanks for the help iam trying this now. I can SSH into my ATV2 usign winSCP in Windows, but where abouts do I put the skin folder? Iam lead to believe the location is '/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin' but I can't seem to find this location. Confused

Jimton

don't do that. Copy ZIP to your user DIR. You should find a simlink named "User" in your ATV root folder. It will lead you there.

EDIT: drop zip archive in "private/var/mobile/"

Then go to setting/addons and choose install from zip.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks, just found it myself /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons

I literally just unziped the folder, and put skin.quartz in the above location. Then on my ATV2 selected the Quartz skin.

It seems to have worked!
jimton Wrote:Thanks, just found it myself /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons

I literally just unziped the folder, and put skin.quartz in the above location. Then on my ATV2 selected the Quartz skin.

It seems to have worked!

Hopefully there won't be any problems with favourites script.

If you happen to have problems adding your custom shortcuts or submenu items try installing the skin from ZIP archive.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Jimton

don't do that. Copy ZIP to your user DIR. You should find a simlink named "User" in your ATV root folder. It will lead you there.

EDIT: drop zip archive in "private/var/mobile/"

Then go to setting/addons and choose install from zip.

Ah this makes sense now!

pecinko Wrote:Hopefully there won't be any problems with favourites script.

If you happen to have problems adding your custom shortcuts or submenu items try installing the skin from ZIP archive.

Yup ignore me :o I deleted it, then installed via "private/var/mobile/"

Very early impressions...seems slower than Confluence. Doesnt seem to load the artwork as nice as Confluence. Quartz is just a newer version of NOX? Iam running Darwin 10.04.0 aswell so not sure if that makes a difference.
jimton Wrote:Very early impressions...seems slower than Confluence. Doesnt seem to load the artwork as nice as Confluence. Quartz is just a newer version of NOX? Iam running Darwin 10.04.0 aswell so not sure if that makes a difference.

Well Confluence is a great skin and you should probably stick with it.

I just wanted something different so I made this skin. It definitely isn't better than Confluence as I'm not really a skinner, while Jezz_X is and has a lot more experience than me.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Big fat thanks to all of you that tested, reported bugs or suggested features.

Updated version is available, checkout new thread. Have fun.

This thread can be closed.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing]6