stream phone video to atv2
I was wondering if there was a way to stream my videos from my android phone direct to my atv2 xbmc setup? I remember that there was a way to send video to xbmc however I dont see that function anymore or maybe its just for online videos? I found this thread but it really doesnt give much information.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
There is no way to push data to xbmc but you can tell xbmc to stream from the phone. IIRC there is an app which sends a play command and starts a HTTP server on the phone. Some phones have upnp servers also, which also would work.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
can be done with an iphone/pad via airplay but i don't believe android supports it.
Airplay is actually possible from an Android phone via at least two applications from what I've seen - doubletwist and Twonky media server. I'm using doubletwist myself and can stream videos from my phone to my appletv without problems.

It doesn't stream to XBMC though via airplay, topfs2's suggestion is probably better in that case.
Yup DoubleTwist can stream to atv2 now
http://www.doubletwist.com/airsync/
Install upnplay from the market and you're in business!

You can play videos on xbmc from any source you can find through upnp or local files. Just make sure you have the upnp settings enabled in the xbmc settings. You can even stream videos in the xbmc library to your android device. You'll require Rock Player or Mobo player installed on your android device. Tried and tested on Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire HD and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v.
picard359 Wrote:Install upnplay from the market and you're in business!

You can play videos on xbmc from any source you can find through upnp or local files. Just make sure you have the upnp settings enabled in the xbmc settings. You can even stream videos in the xbmc library to your android device. You'll require Rock Player or Mobo player installed on your android device. Tried and tested on Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire HD and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v.

I downloaded upnplay and mobi. working great. thanks for the help.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:I downloaded upnplay and mobi. working great. thanks for the help.

Thanks for the tip. I have been searching for something similar and this for quite some timeLaugh
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
allshare can also do this...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stream phone video to atv20