VDR recordings 'marks' support
Is it possible to add support for the VDR 'marks' format when playing recordings back in XBMC?

The file format is pretty simple:

vdr(5) Wrote:The file marks (if present in a recording directory) contains the editing marks defined for this recording. Each line contains the definition of one mark in the following format:
hh:mmConfuseds.ff comment

where hh:mmConfuseds.ff is a frame position within the recording, given as "hours, minutes, seconds and (optional) frame number". comment can be any string and may be used to describe this mark. If present, comment must be separated from the frame position by at least one blank.

Here's an example automatically generated by the markad plugin to skip commercials:

Code:
0:03:08.23 detected logo start (4722)*
0:10:18.25 detected logo stop (15474)
0:15:18.01 detected logo start (22950)*
0:28:21.22 detected logo stop (42546)
0:33:20.20 detected logo start (50019)*
0:39:06.25 detected logo stop (58674)
0:44:36.01 detected logo start (66900)*
1:00:01.15 detected logo stop (90039)

XBMC seems to already support EDL (Edit Decision List) files as an external chapter list. Presumably it could be extended to read the VDR marks format?

wiki.xbmc.org entry: EDL_(commercial_skipping)
oldman Wrote:Is it possible to add support for the VDR 'marks' format when playing recordings back in XBMC?

XBMC seems to already support EDL (Edit Decision List) files as an external chapter list. Presumably it could be extended to read the VDR marks format?

EDL has to provide by the Server (vdr), e.g. as an additional file formatted and named correctly (as shown in Wiki).

BJ1
yeah I understand that's the situation with current XBMC

I was asking if the PVR Development Repository branch might be able to extend this code to natively read the VDR marks format ?
there will be edl support later, but I haven't thought about the implementation yet.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR recordings 'marks' support0