HELP PLEASE? : ATV2 < Airport Extreme < USB Drive
I've read other threads and tried their options, but none of them work for me.

I have a Macbook with the latest OSX, a jailbroken ATV2 with nitoTV and XBMC on it, and an Airport Extreme with an external hard drive connected to it via USB named '350GB'.

I'm new to XBMC and totally new to networking. Can anyone show me step-by-step how to stream movies to the ATV from the '350GB' hard drive attached to the Extreme? They are located in a subfolder titled 'Movies'.

Thank you!
In systems preferences open up "share" and on "file sharing" hit the options and you'll find SMB in there along with ftp. Click on SMB and done. Once back out to the previous screen you want to add a folder to share by clicking on the "+" and then selecting which folders on your usb drive you want.

Next time you are going to buy a HD make sure to buy a NAS one as you can stream from those with your computer off and they aren't that much more than a normal HD.
Thank you, but this does not work because the USB drive is connected to the Airport Extreme. As you can see below, I can find it under Network, but I cannot select the drive to share?

Does the Airport Extreme not show up as a device if you browse to add source directly via XBMC ? (Videos -> Add Videos -> Browse SMB Network)

If it doesn't and the AirPort extreme is managed by a Mac you may have more luck asking this question in the XBMC For Mac Specific Support section since that's where most of the Mac people hang out. In the past I think most ATV users where Apple fans but today there are a lot of folks that buy them just for the ability to run XBMC Smile
In order to get this working, you first need to make sure File Sharing is enabled on the Airport Extreme. Open your Airport Utility (/Applications/Utilities/Airport Utility), select your Airport, click Manual Setup, and go to the Disks tab.

My setup works with the following settings:

In XBMC, when adding a source under Videos -> Add Videos -> Browse SMB Network, you should now see a Workgroup folder, and within there, GSB.

If you get an error when trying to Browse SMB, you may need to jailbreak with Seas0nPass, as I had issues with PwnageTool and SMB access in the past.

You can PM me if you need any additional help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP PLEASE? : ATV2 < Airport Extreme < USB Drive0