Problem with changeing channelicons in xbc with tvheadend
Hi all
I use xbmc as a front end to tvheadend and it works great but i got a problem, i have managed to "link" channel icons to the channels in tvheadend but when i just browsing the channel list in xbmc it is the wrong icon that is showing for he wrong channel, but when i watch a channel and then press info it shows the right icon. How can i clean up the icon cache or what it is so the right icons show up also when i browse the list.

greatful
for an answer

Smile
hmm that's odd. does that still occur after you restart xbmc?
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Yes
it's like xbmc OR tvheadend is cahcing the images somwhere, i've got to htpc it's the same problem on both.
xbmc is caching them. and I got an idea what might be wrong here. please create a ticket on trac or github for this issue.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Hmm

what do u think is the problem and were is xbmc caching the files ?
how do i creat a ticket or trac a github Smile
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_submi...Bug_Report

and the cached files are in your ~/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails directory
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Thanx i will look intor it right away when i get home Smile
I removed all the tumbnails now it works like a charm Smile

thanx
I just shot myself in the foot and wasted half an hour by changing all icons in tvheadend. Now it's impossible to get them to show up in XBMC without disabling image caching in tvheadend. I have checked that it's not a tvheadend issue by removing the imagecache data and verifying that the cache holds the new images. XBMC sees the same URL as before (the local imagecache URL) and thus uses a cached version. Since the imagecache has been recreated XBMC now even displays random icons for all channels so the whole situation is extra frustrating. Deleting all thumbnails is most definitely not a solution. Fixing the "Reset the PVR database" to actually remove the cached images is a better idea, or somehow fixing the cache algorithm so that it can detect changes to the image.

[/rant]

On a second thought, XBMCs image cache should be cleared each time it quits. Considering that the icon can either be local, in which case caching is totally useless, or remote, in which case the backend should be responsible for caching it (like tvheadend already does). This way the backend or the user would be in control of the icons, not an impossible to control internal cache mechanism.
removing pvr related icons from cache when clearing the db sounds fine. you're welcome to create a PR for that Smile

definitely not clear the cache on exit each time!
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

@opdenkamp that is definitely a better idea, I'll see what I can do!
@opdenkamp it seems the necessary logic is already contained in the various UpdateFromClient() methods, I guess it's just a matter of them not being called. The same thing happens when you change the channel name in the backend - the change never propagates to XBMC unless you reset the PVR database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with changeing channelicons in xbc with tvheadend0