Apple TV official new firmware 4.2.2 update released
Perhaps this can help, wait for next build people...
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/795e...b69f401cc2

Regards,
I used snowbreeze on the latest FW and actually got it to boot. It did crash the 1st 2 or 3 times it booted, but after that it did boot sucessfully. I tried the latest official AND the latest nightly. Neither worked with SMB. Sad Something about path not found or something. I reverted to 4.2.1 and installed the latest official. Back to DTS! Smile I'll just wait until this all gets worked out.
ops in seatbelt unlock patch, fixed in 1150e07098e52b9b3abce8dd46686cf11966ccb4 and will be pushed out to mirrors soon.
Lightbulb 
How do we manually pull this down in the meantime? Wink

davilla Wrote:ops in seatbelt unlock patch, fixed in 1150e07098e52b9b3abce8dd46686cf11966ccb4 and will be pushed out to mirrors soon.
rexready Wrote:Tried for several hours to update to 4.2.2 - same issue as above once jailbroken - ATV2 boots to the apple logo then blank screen. I can still telnet remotely but no video.

Attempted to reload firmware and re-jailbreak 2 more times with the exact same outcome using sn0breeze (I can NEVER get seas0npass to work).

Finally just rolled back to 4.1, jailbroke with greenpois0n and everything is working now.

how did you roll back to 4.1?? When I try to restore in iTunes it tells me the newest firmware will be installed

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just got my atv2 yesterday and it updated to 4.2.2 before i knew what happened.
davilla Wrote:ops in seatbelt unlock patch, fixed in 1150e07098e52b9b3abce8dd46686cf11966ccb4 and will be pushed out to mirrors soon.

Looks like next build is official build then Smile

Regards,
crud Wrote:how did you roll back to 4.1?? When I try to restore in iTunes it tells me the newest firmware will be installed

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just got my atv2 yesterday and it updated to 4.2.2 before i knew what happened.

You must be in DFU mode which allows you to select an earlier firmware version then whats currently installed on your ATV2. The normal recovery mode will only allow the same or newer firmware installation. Luckily 4.1 is still being signed by apple but not for long - after that you will need your blobs to restore to an earlier firmware.
http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/06/recov...-dfu-mode/

Get all your firmware versions at http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
Put your device into DFU mode, press shift and click restore in itunes and select the old firmware. If you dont hold the shift key down then itunes will just load the latest firmware back onto your device.
NOTE: shift-click only works for PC. If you're using a Mac you want to hold the Option key instead of the Shift key.
so, I just got new apple tv 2 from amazon yesterday and it came with new 4.3 firmware, I can just download the 4.1 firmware and install it from itunes? while DUF mode?
Not working:

Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock_1.0-4_iphoneos-arm.deb (Reading database ...
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
1423 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock 1.0-2 (using org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock_1.0-4_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock ...
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock (1.0-4) ...
Found ATV2 running ios 4.2+/AppleTV
md5sum: /Applications/AppleTV.app/AppleTV: No such file or directory
Frontrow app md5sum is unknown, not patching

Note that it is now this file, not /Applications/AppleTV.app/AppleTV:

2664 -rwxrwxr-x 1 root admin 2724816 Apr 14 00:01 AppleTV_org*
homebro2000 Wrote:so, I just got new apple tv 2 from amazon yesterday and it came with new 4.3 firmware, I can just download the 4.1 firmware and install it from itunes? while DUF mode?

No you dont have .shsh files to perform downgrade. // atleast with iphone's is that deal..if im wrong correct me =)
libertyforall Wrote:Not working:

Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock_1.0-4_iphoneos-arm.deb (Reading database ...
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
1423 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock 1.0-2 (using org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock_1.0-4_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock ...
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock (1.0-4) ...
Found ATV2 running ios 4.2+/AppleTV
md5sum: /Applications/AppleTV.app/AppleTV: No such file or directory
Frontrow app md5sum is unknown, not patching

Note that it is now this file, not /Applications/AppleTV.app/AppleTV:

2664 -rwxrwxr-x 1 root admin 2724816 Apr 14 00:01 AppleTV_org*

humm, the something is not right. mv AppleTV_org back to AppleTV.
- deleted question -
homebro2000 Wrote:so, I just got new apple tv 2 from amazon yesterday and it came with new 4.3 firmware, I can just download the 4.1 firmware and install it from itunes? while DUF mode?

This worked for me last month.

http://arturito.net/2011/04/12/apple-tv-...3-working/
1gr8ftoy Wrote:This worked for me last month.

http://arturito.net/2011/04/12/apple-tv-...3-working/

This is different! Because he already had a lower version on it..

My friend accidently updated his Apple TV 2G to version 4.2.1 (2100) iOS 4.3 which removed jailbreak and XBMC I put for him before with version 4.1.1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV official new firmware 4.2.2 update released0