Apple TV official new firmware 4.2.2 update released
Asgardsurfer Wrote:Thanks for the confirmation. I would also like someone to chime in on using
Pwanage Tool. I like using a custom firmware...always easy to revert to.

I used pwnagetool it worked fine for me. Just make sure you update the bundle.

I have four atv2's I had to make a brand-new custom Ipsw for every unit I jailbroke. If I didn't use a fresh file it would come back halfway through the process with a 1600 or 1621 and messing with the hosts files did not help.
Sindawi Wrote:I used pwnagetool it worked fine for me. Just make sure you update the bundle.

I have four atv2's I had to make a brand-new custom Ipsw for every unit I jailbroke. If I didn't use a fresh file it would come back halfway through the process with a 1600 or 1621 and messing with the hosts files did not help.

Thanks!
Could someone tell me what this seatbelt unlock is?
jimton Wrote:Could someone tell me what this seatbelt unlock is?
Seatbelt, also known as sandbox, is a kernel extension that restricts a set of features from being used for some processes

Regards,
Thumbs Up 
Sindawi Wrote:I used pwnagetool it worked fine for me. Just make sure you update the bundle.

You could easily have skipped creating the firmware everytime.

The reason you had to do this, is that the program you used also entered your Apple tv 2 into pwned DFU-mode, which is the only way to install custom firmware bundles.

So for everyone that has theese problems (1600 errors and so on), just use ireb (windows) or redsn0w (OS X) to enter pwned DFU-mode before you try to restore!

Of course to enter pwned dfu, you have to kick the apple tv 2 into regular dfu-mode first.

Hope that clears up the misunderstanding about custom firmware restore
Hi, I just updated to 4.2.2 today and jailbreaked no problem with Seas0nPass.

Then followed instructions HERE to install xbmc without any errors but I have no xbmc on my ATV menu No

Any suggestions ?
Asgardsurfer Wrote:Can anyone confirm the 4.2.2 update working using Pwnage tool 4.3.3 with 8F305 bundle add-on
and untethered? No audio problems?
I read this whole thread but I just want to make sure.

Thanks

This is not a jailbreak forum, but yes, pwnage tool works fine. I'm now running 4.2.2 (4.3 8F305) and everything is working great, including AC3 and DTS ! (Had to set audio to 16 bit).

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Pardon me for being dumbish, but what's the last one in this photo? I know it's '4.3' on the ATV2, but it goes by 4.2.*...so what's the 4.3 in the list?

For now, I just download 4.2.2, then load it up in seasonpass (still only auto downloading 4.2.1, rightnow) and let it do it's thing, right?

TheRealHershey Wrote:Pardon me for being dumbish, but what's the last one in this photo? I know it's '4.3' on the ATV2, but it goes by 4.2.*...so what's the 4.3 in the list?

For now, I just download 4.2.2, then load it up in seasonpass (still only auto downloading 4.2.1, rightnow) and let it do it's thing, right?

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version...eration.29
It should make a bit more sense.
DN38416 Wrote:Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version...eration.29
It should make a bit more sense.

Kind of helped. Still don't know what that 4.3 is doing in the list, since none of them were actually 4.3 ATV builds, right? Gahh, apple needs to just get all of their iOS stuff version-caught up. It's 4.3, but no, it's actually 4.2, but it's 4.3. Haha.
TheRealHershey Wrote:Kind of helped. Still don't know what that 4.3 is doing in the list, since none of them were actually 4.3 ATV builds, right? Gahh, apple needs to just get all of their iOS stuff version-caught up. It's 4.3, but no, it's actually 4.2, but it's 4.3. Haha.

Yeah it's confusing. Whenever I talk about appletv firmware now I just mention the build number eg. 8F305. That way you know exactly which one I'm talking about.

Either that, or mention both the iOS AND the AppleTV version eg. "iOS 4.3, AppleTV version 4.2.2"

EDIT: By the way, just noticed in that picture you linked that they've jumbled up the iOS versions and AppleTV versions... no wonder you're confused!
The order goes like this from earliest to latest:
1) 4.1 (4.0) 8M89
2) 4.2 (4.1) 8C150
3) 4.2.1 (4.1.1) 8C154
4) 4.3 (4.2) 8F191m
5) 4.3 (4.2.1) 8F202
6) 4.3 (4.2.2) 8F305
DN38416 Wrote:Yeah it's confusing. Whenever I talk about appletv firmware now I just mention the build number eg. 8F305. That way you know exactly which one I'm talking about.

Either that, or mention both the iOS AND the AppleTV version eg. "iOS 4.3, AppleTV version 4.2.2"

Yeah, no kidding. Well, shit, of course season pass isn't working for 4.2.2, so back to 4.2.1...hopefully. I think my XBMC got screwed up during install when I installed it via ATV Flash beta 5...crashed every time I tried to play anything. Going without ATVFlash this time 'round.

EDIT: Looks like Apple has stopped signing all of the iOSes except for the latest, 4.2.2. I get errors with all of the versions in iTunes now and I'm too scared to try the latest...

EDIT 2: Okay, well, I don't know what I've done to my poor ATV2, but I have a feeling it had something to do with the ATV Flash Beta 4...

I get this with every single iOS version out there (when it booted and still now that I'm stuck at the apple boot logo), even with the lastest upgrade directly from Apple via iTunes. It got stuck on the apple boot logo when I restored/updated via ATV2. Sad

TinyUmbrella couldn't find any SHSH blobs ever. I think ATV Flash rendered the iOS versioning system useless or something along those lines. ;(

Use ireb to place the device in pwned dfu. I also found that rebuilding the Ipsw may help.
Currently on 4.2.1 (4.1.1) 8C154 JB with GP. Those upgrading are you backing up your settings skins/config etc before hand?

Worth me upgrading to 4.3 (4.2.2) 8F305? I would like AirPlay.
Cranial Wrote:This is not a jailbreak forum, but yes, pwnage tool works fine. I'm now running 4.2.2 (4.3 8F305) and everything is working great, including AC3 and DTS ! (Had to set audio to 16 bit).

Wait, AC3 and DTS works now with 4.3?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV official new firmware 4.2.2 update released0