GOG.com Movies Addon
If you have ever heard of GOG.com they are trying to do for movies what they did for games (DRM-free). So far they mostly have documentaries that are of interest to games but there are a couple of actual movies as well. It would be awesome if someone could write an addon to integrate GOG.com movies into Kodi. They can be either streamed or downloaded, so I would envision a Video addon that lists purchased movies in one's GOG.com library and has options for downloading, streaming, adding to the library, etc.

I've purchased one of the movies (Austin High) and would write an addon myself but my python skills are elementary so unless someone mentors me through the process, I'm hoping someone reads this and takes an interest.

From the GOG.com website:
Quote:GOG.com is a digital distribution platform serving fantastic computer games and movies at kick-ass prices.
We believe that a DRM-free world would be a better place and that's why you won't find any DRMs or other intrusive copy protection in items available at GOG.com. This applies to both games and movies.
Sounds like a cool idea. Frankly, for the platforms that can handle it, I wouldn't mind also having an addon that could identify which games I own on the platform, and download and launch those games. Given the DRM-free nature of those games, it seems like it'd be pretty easy ™ to set up on the various platforms, particularly in Linux and OpenELEC (though ideally in Windows, where more games have support).

Including videos as well would obviously be a no brainer.

edit: I'll send them an email to their business form to see if they have any kind of API we could use.
I haven't looked there in a while, but wow!

Nate: if they do offer an API for that purpose, surely it would be a first? It might even show that Kodi isn't some evil demon trying to take their business Tongue If Netflix provided proper integration to Kodi I would have an account and pay my monthly subscription there - it's a shame these corporations can't see this. (I'm aware there is an add-on for NF).

I'm hoping they do offer to work with the Kodi team, it'll certainly give me a new place to buy movies from.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Ditto. Its something i would certainly check out!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GOG.com Movies Addon0