Mouse-friendly skins?
Hi - new here, settling in and sorting out various tech issues but looking good. Trying to settle on a good skin and I'm struggling! I've tried to follow the general advice of "download them all and try them out" and I'm not much wiser. So I thought I'd look for some opinions!

The first and most important requirement is that the skin must be mouse-friendly. This is mostly to be used on Windows desktops as a media player - which immediately rules out quite a few otherwise nice-looking skins as they don't support or recommend mouse use.

I've spent some time in Confluence, of course, and it's really nice. But I don't like the available views, especially for TV shows, which don't give me as much info as I'd like.

I could mod Confluence - I've seen a handy thread or two which might get me started - but I really don't want to have to do it all over again every time there's a new release.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a mouse-friendly skin that gives me more options for Views than Confluence?

TIA
Ceejay
Transparency! is a good one.
Have a look at customizable confluence...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm not sure I would call Transparency! fully mouse friendly, there seem to be times when you need to resort to the keyboard. But a nice skin, certainly.

Customisable Confluence is interesting, and a couple of the views are closer to what I was looking for.

But not quite!!! I can see now why there are so many skins, and so many mods of each of them! We all want something that is just slightly different from the next person, and we know we can get it if we just tweak this little bit here!

I'm not sure if I'm wandering off my own topic, or if this is technical nonsense, but would it be feasible in some future development to allow the definition of Views independently of Skins?

As things stand, it would appear that each combination of visual appearance and information-to-be-displayed has to be coded separately. Could we separate the two so that you could have a library of skins (appearance) and a separate library of Views, such that you could use (more or less) any View in any skin? Or, at least, across a family of similar skins, such as Confluence and its derivatives.

Please excuse my ravings if they make no sense.......

I've a horrible feeling that my best bet is going to be to raid Customisable Confluence for some ideas which I then adapt and apply to yet another mod of Confluence!

Ceejay.
ceejay Wrote:I'm not sure I would call Transparency! fully mouse friendly, there seem to be times when you need to resort to the keyboard.

in case you remember, just let me know when & where and i'll look into it.
ceejay Wrote:I'm not sure if I'm wandering off my own topic, or if this is technical nonsense, but would it be feasible in some future development to allow the definition of Views independently of Skins?

it's been suggested before, but by the way skins are currently coded, we're far, far away from making that possible.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:in case you remember, just let me know when & where and i'll look into it.

My mistake - I hadn't spotted right-click for "go back".

Quote:it's been suggested before, but by the way skins are currently coded, we're far, far away from making that possible.

Hmmm, yes, I think I've just worked that out for myself! Having spent the last hour or so tweaking the tweak ... I now have a further mod of Customisable Confluence that gives me the Rightlist views that I wanted (changed TV shows and Movies), and perhaps the confidence to tweak some more in future! Oh dear, what have I started?

Thanks for the dialogue.

Ceejay
XeeBo is mouse friendly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse-friendly skins?0