distibution via torrent
Dear XBMC!

I wondered why we can download XBMC only from your servers? I think distributing via torrent (as eg. Ubuntu does) would be a great idea. People could get their XBMC much faster, and the load on your servers would be smaller too.
(In case you were worried of torrent, it's totally legal Smile but I think you know it Tongue)

Please consider my idea.

Thanks,
Vendii
well, we have tons of mirrors all over the world (well, close). are you experiencing slow downloads?
well, if not slow, then slower (though not much, i must admit) than my maximum bandwidth...
but the main thing, anyways, is that I think it would be simply more convenient for many people to download from torrent. and I think it wouldn't cost too much Smile to turn some of your servers to a 'seed server'

but that's just an idea, you're still ways better than many other sites that offer downloads Smile

ps.: I like your responsiveness. just go on this way Smile
The downloads are like, 40mb. I can't fathom how making torrents for that would be useful. You'd spend more time connecting to peers and whatnot than actually downloading it.
Well, that's right... When the idea came to my mind, I was downloading the live version, and it is >400MB. That's not much too, but I think it IS worth making a torrent file...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
distibution via torrent0