launcher, favorites, aeon mq2 problem
Im fairly new to XBMC, but have figured it out mostly, the only thing I'm having trouble with now is this. I want to place a shortcut to launch 7MC live tv on the home menu. I have tried executor, launcher, and adv launcher, all of which work inside of the programs menu. But when I add a shortcut as a favorite and then add it onto the home menu, it does nothing. So, with that said I assume its a problem with the skin and not the addon. Has anyone gotten this to work?
Not running the Aeon skin, but I have the same problem with Confluence (default skin). I'm compiling nightly from GIT and used to be able to run programs defined in the Executor addon (such as Mythfrontend) directly from the favorites menu. Since a few days the favorites entry takes me back into the Programs menu where the Executor entry is listed. Other Favorites (eg recently added albums) work as expected.
The problem comes from XBMC pre-eden git versions that do not create correctly favorites programs shortcut (when Dharma do it correctly). I have already reported this problem into XBMC bug tracker : http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11380
You can manually fix this by replacing RunXBE( by RunPlugin( into you userdata/favorites.xml and userdata/guisettings.xml files.
Angelscry Wrote:You can manually fix this by replacing RunXBE( by RunPlugin( into you userdata/favorites.xml and userdata/guisettings.xml files.

Thanks - this solution worked for me!
Im having the same problem with Favorites.xml

but im a Linux nube I have CRYSTALBUNTU LINUX DISTRIBUTION installed on my ATV1
can someone help me with this fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
launcher, favorites, aeon mq2 problem0