Offline Movie (Stub Files) Bug / Support
Hi,

I've been having a play with XBMC's new stub file support for offline media. I'm not sure if Neon supports this yet but if it does then I think I've found a small bug.

If I add some offline blurays to the library by creating a file like moviename.bluray.disc it will show up using a DVD case in the showcase and slim list views but have a bluray icon.

tiveyuk Wrote:Hi,

I've been having a play with XBMC's new stub file support for offline media. I'm not sure if Neon supports this yet but if it does then I think I've found a small bug.

If I add some offline blurays to the library by creating a file like moviename.bluray.disc it will show up using a DVD case in the showcase and slim list views but have a bluray icon.

I haven't made any changes for 'stub files' (this is the first I have heard of it). What you are seeing the the flags vs. covers are two different approaches for displaying them. The bluray flag is a hack that looks to the folder and/or filename for "bluray" whereas the cover it actually looking at the file resolution to be above a certain value.
-stoli-
Yeah thats what I thought. Is there a reason that you're using 2 methods? I'm just wondering why the flag method isn't being used for the covers. Also I've just had a quick look at it and noticed you're already using the resolution method for the flags if 'bluray', etc isn't found in the filename.

Anyway as a fix for now I've changed my viewtype_showcase.xml and viewtype_slimfiles.xml to
Code:
[stringcompare(ListItem.VideoResolution,720) | stringcompare(ListItem.VideoResolution,1080) | substring(ListItem.Filename,bluray)] + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoCase)
in the visible tags where the covers are setup and its working.

If you haven't already seen it theres a bit about the stub files here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_Stub_Files and here http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10384

If this is something that you add more support for in the future I think it would be really nice to be able to filter between online and offline content - maybe like you do for HD movies at the moment and maybe have an extra flag or some way of really separating and/or identifying stub files.

You probably hear this all the time but it is a great skin, your doing a great job with it.
tiveyuk Wrote:Yeah thats what I thought. Is there a reason that you're using 2 methods? I'm just wondering why the flag method isn't being used for the covers. Also I've just had a quick look at it and noticed you're already using the resolution method for the flags if 'bluray', etc isn't found in the file name.

Yep - the flags could be HD, Bluray, DVD, etc while I only have a Bluray and DVD cover, so just checking the resolution does the trick without having to account for all the different file name conventions.

Quote:Anyway as a fix for now I've changed my viewtype_showcase.xml and viewtype_slimfiles.xml to
Code:
[stringcompare(ListItem.VideoResolution,720) | stringcompare(ListItem.VideoResolution,1080) | substring(ListItem.Filename,bluray)] + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoCase)
in the visible tags where the covers are setup and its working.
That works too. Smile

Quote:If you haven't already seen it theres a bit about the stub files here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_Stub_Files and here http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10384

If this is something that you add more support for in the future I think it would be really nice to be able to filter between online and offline content - maybe like you do for HD movies at the moment and maybe have an extra flag or some way of really separating and/or identifying stub files.
I'll take a look at the wiki and see what can be done.

Quote:You probably hear this all the time but it is a great skin, your doing a great job with it.

Thank you - I appreciate the kind words.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Offline Movie (Stub Files) Bug / Support0