Problem With Channel ordering
I just set up the mediaportal tv server & Mediaportal pvr client (ffmpeg) & everythings working great apart from channel ordering.

If i go into settings/live tv/general & turn on always use channel order from the backend(S) It will order them from the mp tv servers channel numbers & not how i rearranged them in the mp tv server setup .

Have i missed something??

Thanks
that's what it's meant to do, order them by channel number.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
MediaPortal has an additional channelorder field for sorting purposes which XBMC does not yet have. This channelorder field (separate for radio and tv channels) reflects your manual sorting order from the "TV Server configuration" tool.

Currently, I'm not using that field for sorting purposes because I don't know how to tell XBMC to follow this order for displaying the channels. XBMC has its own channel sorting mechanism and it would be useful if a PVR add could tell XBMC the channel sorting order from the backend.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I turn off all the 'auto sort options' and still can't even manually arrange the channels in xbmc. They simply won't save, unless I re-arrange them in the guide view by selecting 'menu/move'
Thanks for the replies, Looks like i'll have to do it with in xbmc
@margro:
I'll add an extra sorting int to the PVR_CHANNEL struct

@loggio:
create a ticket for that issue if it's not already there
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Dushmaniac,

Trac ticket created... CC'd Margro and yourself.
ok thanks
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem With Channel ordering0