• 5(current)
Huge begging request :D
ronie Wrote:perhaps you're using filemode? that one will work without setting a music folder path.

but in library mode you really need to set it.

I've used both library mode and file mode and never had to set a path for extrafanart, weird.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Any chance of substituting plain text if no logo can be found?
I want to try something and i can't understand what's going wrong:

Here the code i'm using:

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
                            <
posx>260</posx>
                            <
posy>0</posy>
                            <
width>300</width>
                            <
height>80</height>
                            <
aspectratio scalediffuse="false" aligny="center" align="right">keep</aspectratio
                            <
fadetime>200</fadetime>
                            <
texture background="true">special://skin/extras/artist/logos/$INFO[ListItem.Label].png</texture>

<colordiffuse>888A8A8A</colordiffuse>                            
                        </
control>
                </
itemlayout>
                <
focusedlayout height="100" width="580">
                        <
control type="image"> <!-- logo mod -->
                            <
posx>260</posx>
                            <
posy>0</posy>
                            <
width>300</width>
                            <
height>80</height>
                            <
aspectratio scalediffuse="false" aligny="center" align="right">keep</aspectratio
                            <
fadetime>200</fadetime>
                            <
texture background="true">special://skin/extras/artist/logos/$INFO[ListItem.Label].png</texture>

</control

My Log file says:

PHP Code:
11:24:31 T:780 M:352899072   ERRORTexture manager unable to load filespecial://skin/extras/artist/logos/Beethoven.png 

There is a Beethoven.png in the extras/artist/logos folder.

Beethoven is a " dummy " logo just to test ...
butchabay this might not be any help and might have nothing to do with what you are asking, but I think it needs to go artistfolder/logo.png so something like special://skin/extras/artist/$INFO[ListItem.Label]/logo.png maybe?

Though I don't know why that would stop you being able to load an image.

Have you looked at how stoli does it in the view?
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:butchabay this might not be any help and might have nothing to do with what you are asking, but I think it needs to go artistfolder/logo.png so something like special://skin/extras/artist/$INFO[ListItem.Label]/logo.png maybe?

Though I don't know why that would stop you being able to load an image.

Have you looked at how stoli does it in the view?

Kode,
thanx for the reply ... i know, i don't want to code it the way i showed, i'm just curious why it's not working and why i get that error even if everything should be fine .... i suppose it's why i'm in library mode ... Huh
from the looks of it stoli has done it as

Code:
<control type="image">
                        <posx>13</posx>
                        <posy>565</posy>
                        <width>400</width>
                        <height>155</height>
                        <texture>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist(-1)]/logo.png</texture>
                        <visible>Control.IsVisible(599)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                        <posx>426</posx>
                        <posy>565</posy>
                        <width>400</width>
                        <height>155</height>
                        <texture>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist]/logo.png</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                        <posx>839</posx>
                        <posy>565</posy>
                        <width>400</width>
                        <height>155</height>
                        <texture>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist(1)]/logo.png</texture>
                </control>

Not sure if that is helpful though.

Might be worth trying it that way and if it works that way you may be able to debug what was wrong with the way you were doing it?

*edit* the only real differences I can see is that stoli isn't using background="true" or special://
Kode Wrote:from the looks of it stoli has done it as

Code:
<control type="image">
                        <posx>13</posx>
                        <posy>565</posy>
                        <width>400</width>
                        <height>155</height>
                        <texture>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist(-1)]/logo.png</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                        <posx>426</posx>
                        <posy>565</posy>
                        <width>400</width>
                        <height>155</height>
                        <texture>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist]/logo.png</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                        <posx>839</posx>
                        <posy>565</posy>
                        <width>400</width>
                        <height>155</height>
                        <texture>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist(1)]/logo.png</texture>
                </control>

Not sure if that is helpful though.

Might be worth trying it that way and if it works that way you may be able to debug what was wrong with the way you were doing it?

*edit* the only real differences I can see is that stoli isn't using background="true" or special://

Yep, i see he's using a folder path ... i just wanted to try something different. So i'm going to change it back.
The user should define a music folder path in skin settings?
butchabay Wrote:Yep, i see he's using a folder path ... i just wanted to try something different. So i'm going to change it back.
The user should define a music folder path in skin settings?

I think you SHOULD try something different Smile If everyone just copies everyone else nothing new would be found. In particular I'm hoping someone works out how to do it without having to set a music path in the skin settings Tongue

If it works for the extrafanart I'm still trying to work out why it can't work for other things.

Like the extrafanart seems to use $INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../extrafanart/] could $INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../] or something not be used instead? or maybe $INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../logos/] and put it inside there?
Kode Wrote:I think you SHOULD try something different Smile If everyone just copies everyone else nothing new would be found. In particular I'm hoping someone works out how to do it without having to set a music path in the skin settings Tongue

If it works for the extrafanart I'm still trying to work out why it can't work for other things.

Like the extrafanart seems to use $INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../extrafanart/] could $INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../] or something not be used instead? or maybe $INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../logos/] and put it inside there?

If Stoli's method works fine don't think i should do it different. The method i'm trying is similar, it's just that the code says to find the logo in extras/.... bla bla instead of a specific folder that the user can set ... as said it's just experimental ...

i think the big trouble is how music artists are handled and might think there aren't much possibilities ...

about player.folderPath... are you using extrafanart for artists while playing audio or while browsing through artists ?
Kode Wrote:I think you SHOULD try something different Smile If everyone just copies everyone else nothing new would be found. In particular I'm hoping someone works out how to do it without having to set a music path in the skin settings Tongue

The Player.Folderpath is only valid when music is playing and then only for the currently playing item... If there were a way to get the artist path without another #$%^ custom setting I'd be more than happy to implement it. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94724&page=4)
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:The Player.Folderpath is only valid when music is playing and then only for the currently playing item... If there were a way to get the artist path without another #$%^ custom setting I'd be more than happy to implement it. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94724&page=4)

ah hah, and now I know the reason why it works for extrafanart and not logos, so I will stop bugging you about it Wink

From what I understand the music library is quite primitive compared to the video library, so I guess there is not much we can do about it.

Shame really, because, as you say, some artists will never be able to have logos.
I'm experiencing the same problem, any ideas Stoli?

MrChuffy Wrote:I thought id have a go at a video, noticed a bug though with the new view stoli when I scroll down the list of artists I get an insta flash up of the next artist, doesnt happen if I go up the list though.

Made a video so you can see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGTYAQ4BBT0

Cheers Big Grin
yep. I need to fix it. Smile
-stoli-
I'm wondering if it would be best to setup an 'Music Artwork Folder' path for these things instead. It would functions sort of how you already have the Music Path working here but with a slight twist. It's just for the artwork. This way it can be completely independent from the music folder.

Using a path format like this:

music_artwork
--->Artist
------>fanarts.jpg(multiple fanarts)
------>clearlogo.png
------>Album
--------->folder.jpg
--------->cdart.png
------>Album2
--------->folder.jpg
--------->cdart.png
--->Artist2
------>clearlogo.png
------>Album
--------->folder.jpg(higher res)
--------->cdart.png

Though it might be excessive but I think it would work better over all. My script(cdART Manager) wouldn't have any problem building this folder set up and keep it's normal use for other users.

Although this wouldn't work for cdART on multi-disc albums(since they are usually separated folders(CD1, CD2, etc.) So cdARTs could be potentially be removed from this layout.
giftie Wrote:I'm wondering if it would be best to setup an 'Music Artwork Folder' path for these things instead. It would functions sort of how you already have the Music Path working here but with a slight twist. It's just for the artwork. This way it can be completely independent from the music folder.

Using a path format like this:

music_artwork
--->Artist
------>clearlogo.png
------>Album
--------->folder.jpg
--------->cdart.png
------>Album2
--------->folder.jpg
--------->cdart.png
--->Artist2
------>clearlogo.png
------>Album
--------->folder.jpg(higher res)
--------->cdart.png

Though it might be excessive but I think it would work better over all. My script(cdART Manager) wouldn't have any problem building this folder set up and keep it's normal use for other users.

Although this wouldn't work for cdART on multi-disc albums(since they are usually separated folders(CD1, CD2, etc.) So cdARTs could be potentially be removed from this layout.

But it kind of works now, with only a very small fix? Maintaining two structures is going away a bit isnt it?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Huge begging request :D0