• 6(current)
Huge begging request :D
MrChuffy Wrote:But it kind of works now, with only a very small fix? Maintaining two structures is going away a bit isnt it?

It doesn't work if you music is not in one central location. For instance, mine is spread between a NAS and a Server. I started to use the NAS as my main storage, but it became full, so I started putting my music on my Server(was mainly for video). So I have two paths for my music(for the time being) one for my NAS, one for my Server. Eventually I will move the music over to the server(need to buy a new licence Smile ) but I think others might be in the same boat, especially if they don't use a central storage location(internal hard drives)

Just my 2 cents.. I developed code for the script to strip down to the artist name originally, but then noticed the method Stoli was using(though I may put the code back in as well). This also will be problematic with artists with special characters in their name(AC/DC for instance, since the forward slash is considered a indicator for a folder in Linux and other OSes)

Ultimately it would be nice for XBMC to provide the path at all levels of the music(Artist, Album, and Song - right now only the song level has the path) but this is actually done by design, since not everyone has thier music separated by Artist --> Album, some just have it thrown into a mixed folder too...
I get ya Giftie, I guess it moved on quicker for movies/tv because they take up so much room, Id never imagined someone to have so much music they needed more than one location Big Grin
giftie Wrote:This also will be problematic with artists with special characters in their name(AC/DC for instance, since the forward slash is considered a indicator for a folder in Linux and other OSes)

well then just create those directories ;-)

Path To/Music/AC/DC/logo.png

will most certainly work.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:well then just create those directories ;-)

Path To/Music/AC/DC/logo.png

will most certainly work.

lol.. Yeah that would work.. Smile Though I liked my little box I made for myself.. Smile
I think I have the transition 'flash' issue resolved along with an updated Music Logo view. (Note I have virtually no clear art logos yet, so it's a little ugly) Keep in mind it's a work in progress - I still have to smooth out the slide transitions and focus focus/no focus effects. I've left the text label in place for now since there are so few logos available at the moment.

-stoli-
stoli Wrote:I think I have the transition 'flash' issue resolved along with an updated Music Logo view. (Note I have virtually no clear art logos yet, so it's a little ugly) Keep in mind it's a work in progress - I still have to smooth out the slide transitions and focus focus/no focus effects. I've left the text label in place for now since there are so few logos available at the moment.

Nice work stoli..... We're sitting at 372 clearlogos right now and I think we were just at 200 on Thursday, so this is quite an increase...

Thanks for your hard work...
That view looks awesome stoli Smile
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:That view looks awesome stoli Smile

Next up is to work on integrating the logo to existing views where appropriate.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Next up is to work on integrating the logo to existing views where appropriate.

Superb work Stoli Smile Loving it
Hey Guys...found this thread by accident...works great so far...now I have a small question...might it be possible that it does not work for "Container.HasContent(Songs)"Huh
I also tried
Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist]$INFO[ListItem.Album]/logo.png</texture>
It is not shown...

cheers,
mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:Hey Guys...found this thread by accident...works great so far...now I have a small question...might it be possible that it does not work for "Container.HasContent(Songs)"Huh
I also tried
Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist]$INFO[ListItem.Album]/logo.png</texture>
It is not shown...

cheers,
mm

It's not that easy, as i have seen at stoli's code, the item must be handled like a coverflow animation.
butchabay Wrote:It's not that easy, as i have seen at stoli's code, the item must be handled like a coverflow animation.

Hey Butch, good to see you here Cool

Ok...not that easy...understand...but what do you mean with the showcase animation?

Maybe just pn me to clarify...for those who are intrested why I want to use it in song-container:
My confluence mod has in song view "rightlist" a little space in the lower right corner...this logo would fit like a glove in there...

cheers,
mm
Forget it...my fault...the image was placed outside the screen...dumb...

Yeah, I know, I'm an Idiot
ronie Wrote:you can either map/mount your smb share, so they'll show up in xbmc,
or manually edit guisettings.xml and enter the full smb path there.

see FAQ #8

Not sure how to do this with ssh, I got to the line, change it, save the file but nothing happens in the skin, I go back into the file confirm its been saved, restart xbmc but when it comes back up the file has reverted back to the local path I set.

Any ideas?
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:Not sure how to do this with ssh, I got to the line, change it, save the file but nothing happens in the skin, I go back into the file confirm its been saved, restart xbmc but when it comes back up the file has reverted back to the local path I set.

Any ideas?

yuck...somehow missed your reply.
solution is easy, if you haven't found it:
you can't edit guisettings.xml while xbmc is running.

btw, artist logos are now also available in T! svn.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Huge begging request :D0