• 1(current)
Huge begging request :D
Hi! Firstly got to say massive props on Neon it really is superb, almost every view and feature Ive wanted since day dot, only problem I see is the fanart views in music and more importantly for me, music videos

with Fanart.tv building a dbase of top quality music images fanart shouldnt really be hidden behind text etc imo

The perfect view in my opinion would be same as the tv fanart view, with possibly the episodes view at song/music video level, I botched together a quick tv series view to show how it would look.

Sorry about the size of the images and again cheers for the best skin yet
Hell yer thats cool +1 on that request.

Fanart view on music videos with logo.png support would be perfect!
It's a great idea - someone proposed a similar one for movies but the underlying issue is a lack of logos. If you can get fanart.tv to host the logos AND get ppic to update his logo downloader to support this, then I'll setup the view in a matter of minutes.
-stoli-
Well you work faster and reply quicker than everyone else, Im in process of emailing kode trying to get some sort of logo thing implemented on fanart.tv, maybe you could start the ball rolling with the view and that would sway him more?

Whatever happens the next step for views has to surely be better fanart views for music, its all we are missing now Big Grin
I messed around with this for a bit today, but until some changes are made to the skinning engine, there really is not a good way to do this. Basically you cannot return the artist path, so there is not easy way to associate a logo. Hopefully this will change in the coming weeks....
-stoli-
Ok man cheers for giving it some time, Ill hold my breath and hope something changes xbmc side Smile
Interesting idea.

If people want this adding to the site I'd be happy to support it.

The music section is a recent addition and ultimately it depends on the community, the more people helping, the more likely we are to add something like this (No point adding the section if nobody is interested in making the logos).

*edit* Also the cdART manager is being rewritten to use fanart.tv, it will get the cdART, cover art, and download artist backgrounds, I would imagine it would be fairly trivial to add support for a logo as well.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Hi Stoli,

Would it be possible to achieve this by doing a similar workaround that ronie does in Transparency to show cdart at album level by using a skin string?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89836
nurgle Wrote:Hi Stoli,

Would it be possible to achieve this by doing a similar workaround that ronie does in Transparency to show cdart at album level by using a skin string?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89836

I was looking into that - I'll give it a go this weekend.
-stoli-
So who's going to make all these logos now? Big Grin
-stoli-
Mr Chuffy has said he will make a load so I think we need to keep him to that Wink
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:Mr Chuffy has said he will make a load so I think we need to keep him to that Wink

Look forward to it Smile
Tomorrow MrChuffy! Amon Amarth is a prerequisite for certain team approval. :-)
-stoli-
I've been messing with this for some time today and seem to have it working pretty well. Here's an example in Slim Files where you can view the default artist thumbnail or logo:

Quick working wrap view (obviously needs work and some real logos)

Now the question is logo size and Kode should probably chime in on this one... While the existing 400x155 logo size will work for easy integration into existing TV views, it seems that a lot of band logos are closer to square. I'm wondering if the thumb rules of 500x281 may be a little better.

Thoughts?
-stoli-
hmm, I'm not sure on this one, if we kept it at 400x155 then it would have a consistancy with the tv clearlogos.

It's hard to say without seeing both types, plus the bigger the image size the harder it will be to get quality images.

ClearART gets away with it because it has an image AND a logo to fill the space.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Huge begging request :D0