• 3(current)
Huge begging request :D
stoli Wrote:Honestly forgot about it... This week. Huh

Loool Ive been sat waiting like a plum Wink No worries chum
Any luck with the dark fanart yet? Something you can slip into the next update?

Big Grin
MrChuffy Wrote:Any luck with the dark fanart yet? Something you can slip into the next update?

Big Grin

It'll be there. I was hoping to get it done today but something is fubar'd on my end and I'm having an issue tracking it down w/out reverting a bunch of other updates.
-stoli-
MrChuffy Wrote:Any luck with the dark fanart yet? Something you can slip into the next update?

Big Grin

It's not a finished product yet, but there's a new update that should work for now. Smile

-stoli-
Is there a technical reason you have done this view rather than the one mocked up (tv style) as I use the mockup view for my tv shows and would definately use it for artists.

The only thing I can think of is as there aren't any logos at the moment there would be a lot of blank spaces in the mocked up view with no way to know who the artist is.

On the other hand, having blank spaces will encourage people to contribute Wink

*edit*

I'm not knocking the work you have done so far btw, just curious. Smile
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:Is there a technical reason you have done this view rather than the one mocked up (tv style) as I use the mockup view for my tv shows and would definately use it for artists.

The only thing I can think of is as there aren't any logos at the moment there would be a lot of blank spaces in the mocked up view with no way to know who the artist is.

On the other hand, having blank spaces will encourage people to contribute Wink

*edit*

I'm not knocking the work you have done so far btw, just curious. Smile

Just a time issue - attributable to the fact that I lost my previous mockups that were never committed to git and I have to figure out the hoops I jumped through again. Smile
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:It's not a finished product yet, but there's a new update that should work for now. Smile

Tres nice mate good work, going to have a play Smile

Edit! 1000 Homo DJS?! wtf
stoli Wrote:I've already pushed an update that supports the logos in a rudimentary fashion.

1. In Setings > Skin > Music configure the root of your music library
2. Save the logo as logo.png in the root of each artist.

That's it. It's set to expect the smaller logo of 400*155.

Thanks,

Does this have to be done locally? I have all my music shared on a served upstairs and its not picking up the logos from the root
I haven't tried it over a share, but just edit the Viewtype_Slimfiles.xml and change this:

(starts at line 587)
Code:
<!-- For Debugging logo path
<control type="label">
<posx>770</posx>
<posy>560</posy>
<label>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist]/logo.png</label>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(MusicLogo)</visible>
</control> -->

to this:

Code:
<control type="label">
<posx>770</posx>
<posy>560</posy>
<label>$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist]/logo.png</label>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(MusicLogo)</visible>
</control>

That should then display the path it is trying to use to get to the logo.
-stoli-
There are a whole 10 logos now http://fanart.tv/musiclogo/ lol
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Only 99,990 to go!
-stoli-
Yeah that worked a treat doing it locally, is it possible to put network support for logos in?
Really opens up the fanart now better than every view thats gone before really Smile
how does it work for tv shows? All my content is on the network, so in the tv show folder I have logo.png and that is what shows up, would that not be possible for music?
There was exactly the same problem for CDart when it first appeared and a quick and easy edit fixed it, be nice if it could be implemented in the skin though.
Kode Wrote:how does it work for tv shows? All my content is on the network, so in the tv show folder I have logo.png and that is what shows up, would that not be possible for music?

i think its something to do with there being no path associated with artists in the database. Artist is just an id3 tag, it doesn't care where the mp3's are it just reads it from the tag and associates the file with an artists. The skin.string to set a path is a workaround.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Huge begging request :D0