Question 
Hi All
I just installed the PVR build using the following code:

Code:
sudo apt-get install -y python-software-properties
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install xbmc

It seems to be working well with tvheadend but when I goto the add-ons section very few are available in official XBMC repository. No themes, no YouTube, no flickr etc.

I was wondering how I go about getting all the goodies back. Nod

Thanks!
that's due to changes in mainline xbmc. xbmc-pvr is based on the pre-eden tree.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Since there were API-Changes, I guess there is no possibility to add the main repo? It would be cool to use the greatest, latest without actually lack all the plugins.
@dushmaniac many thanks for your reply. Does this mean that as the add-ons become "pre-eden" compatible they will begin to show up in the interface?

@roher this would be handy. A choice to switch repos or branch of repo to get all of the add-ons. Perhaps there is a text file we can edit somewhere.

What would make more sense I think is showing all of the add-ons in every version but showing a warning during the install of a plugin that it has not been tested on the pvr version and may be unstable?

So far the plugins I have installed by hand are working perfectly in this build.
scottsweb Wrote:@dushmaniac many thanks for your reply. Does this mean that as the add-ons become "pre-eden" compatible they will begin to show up in the interface?

@roher this would be handy. A choice to switch repos or branch of repo to get all of the add-ons. Perhaps there is a text file we can edit somewhere.

What would make more sense I think is showing all of the add-ons in every version but showing a warning during the install of a plugin that it has not been tested on the pvr version and may be unstable?

So far the plugins I have installed by hand are working perfectly in this build.
1) Yes
2) you can actually use the old repo addon with pre eden but most/some addons will not work
scottsweb Wrote:@roher this would be handy. A choice to switch repos or branch of repo to get all of the add-ons. Perhaps there is a text file we can edit somewhere.

I was facing the same problem today, only a handful plugins were showing up. It wasn't easy to figure out what the problem is, because i were not up to date how the repository stuff is working now. There was a SVN repo installer when i used XBMC last time.

Most Dharma plugins seem to work fine with Pre-Eden PVR build.. but of course, you have to expect problems, so backup your files before doing this.

Code:
sed 's/dharma/pre-eden/g' -i /usr/share/xbmc/addons/repository.xbmc.org/addon.xml

mv ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/Addons*.db ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/Addons.db.old

* might be also /usr/local/share/xbmc instead of /usr/share/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-ons on PVR build0