AT5IONT-I + Logitech z-5500
Hi List

I am looking for a speakers for my HTPC.
My HTPC box is based on AT5IONT-I motherboard.

I would like to have Logitech z-5500 speakers, but i am not sure, that integrated sound card is good enough.

Is there a point of using this speakers without a better quality external sound card? Or it is just wasting money for this without proper sound card?

Thanks
why not go with something that has an 3 HDMI INPUT + 1 HDMI OUTPUT like this:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stor...1666077692

$245 Shipped!!
I would grab one of these myself.
Your onboard should be fine decoding for logitech speakers... All the systems I linked to you would just send the signal (DTS, DD) to it untouched by your onboard audio.
I like the idea of sending untouched signal to external audio system.
I will look around to see what options do i have on local market.

Thank You
I have the Z-5550 and am very happy with it, the bass is very powerful for movie is that perfect but for music it is just to must, but for my choice of music not a problem. There is a successor to the Z5500 the Logitech Speaker System Z906, extra optical connection and more. I saw a review that unfortunately the Z-5500 is still the better option.
same as xenomes ...
Now i am confused... don't know what will be better for me Sad

If i will decide to use external sound system (like eskro and hick suggest) will it work without any problems on xbmc 10.1 live? Does xbmc support hdmi sound?
Forgot to add, the most important thing for me is sound quality. Loudness is not important (my neighbours already hate me Wink )
If sound quality is important to you, get some Yamaha AVR and some quality bookshelf speakers (polk, infinity, mission, whaferdale, etc).

I got myself a Sony AVR and a pair of Infinity Primus 150 speakers, and plan to add a subwoofer as soon as I can. I'm very satisifed going this way, which should sound better than the z-5500 (I haven't listened to them) without being crazy expensive.

Also, getting an AVR + speakers is something more flexible: my AVR has 3 hdmi inputs, so I can connect the Xbox 360 and the Htpc to the AVR and both will use my great speakers. Also, I can control the volume directly at the AVR. For the Logitech speakers, you'd have to set the speaker to some volume level and then control it from the computer software wise, which I don't really like.

Think about it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AT5IONT-I + Logitech z-55000