Managing content and library export question
Hello,

now that my XBMC setup is running pretty well (after a big cleanup), I added some more content to my library and I am facing 2 small problems.

First problem relates to my adult movies that I added to the movies. Now they show all scattered throughout my other (normal) movies. I dont want that. I'd like to have them separately in their own menu entry or sub menu... I think this is pretty understandable Cool

I'd also like to prevent accidental access. Lets say I have my family over, last thing I wanna see is my relatives accidentally accessing this content! Wink

Second problem also relates to other medias such as above and music videoclips. On top of the above stuff, I added music videos. Since both adult content and music videos wont be managed by couchpotato or sickbeard, I installed adultdvdempire as a scraper service to scrape info for the adult stuff and it worked, but I'd like to export the library with the new info to my collection. I am asking because XBMC does not have write rights to my collection. My media is stored on my server on a read only NFS share. If I could export the current library to a different location, extract the stuff that relates to the adult and music videos and copy that in my media server, that would be great. XBMC seems not to ask where to export the library and use the location where the media is stored. This led me to believe that until one export his library, the info must be stored somewhere else...

I'm particularly interested in the first question since I believe this might also qualify as a missing feature in XBMC, unless, of course, it is possible to do so and I only missed it...

Any clues appreciated!
Thanks
1. Use a separate profile that only has access to your normal movies.

For exporting to .nfo files, XBMC will only write to your movie folders (after all, the .nfo files are useless otherwise). You can, however, export just the metadata (single large XML file) + thumbs to a folder structure independent of your movies should that be of any use to you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall for replying!

I was wondering if it would be possible to "decompose" the XML file I got when exported from XBMC. I explain: my movies and TV series have nfo files but most of them have only web links such as http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/

I believe XBMC is building its library from that link right? If so, I'd like to replace that link by the content found in the videodb.xml

Is that possible?
Ok I don't get it.... I created a new user profile and set a master lock to it but now I need to enter a keycode to use the default profile. If I deactivate the master lock in the default profile it goes away on the special user. What should I do to add a password to the special user without having to set a password to all users?
Nobody knows ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing content and library export question0