Paused video OSD vs Info video OSD (brainstorming)
2 OSD menus, different behaviours:
Paused: video file not playing, all the data needed can be used, the user can read any info needed
Info: video file is playing, so I think the Info OSD should be less aggressive, with minimum data displayed (the reason is the video file is STILL PLAYING, probably with subtitles for many users, so the OSD is best displayed in the top bar).
I want to know if other users use the Info OSD, like me, only to see the progress of the video file, or they want/like a cluttered info OSD.

Behaviour example for a video OSD: I did a while back a mod: (movie / tv ep.).

I'm looking for user input, but also for Aeon skinners, what's the best behavior for Info OSD?
I think it's the other way around. Pause and seek should be clean, info should show info. For instance I sometimes use pause also to see details. When seeking I find it very annoying to see the osd bar pop up all the time, that's why I disabled that in my version of Aeon. When I press info, I want to know certain stuff about the episode or movie.

Edit: if you just want to know progress you can also press menu in Aeon Nox, which is also in the top of the screen and shows time.
You're right about seeking, but I never use it, just press play, pause and sometimes Info Smile

Thanks for your input!
I think Aeon nox has it spot on personally. Info brings up detailed info, pause menu can be set to either detailed or sparse as desired. This works very well for me at least, and I think it's more "correct" to have the most detailed info show when you press the info button.
Ok, i give up Smile
I was thinking that when the movie is PLAYING (along with subtitles) there's no need for much info, but you have a point, the button is called Info Wink Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paused video OSD vs Info video OSD (brainstorming)0