Default home screen position?
Hey guys,

I know this isn't specifically a Neon thing (its my favorite skin! Big Grin) but could someone point me to the xml that determines the default home screen positon? I have turned off a few screens and added a few and I would like it to start on Movies like it used to. I'm sure I can reorder the Home menu items in the xml but it seems like there should be an easier way...

Thanks in advance!
Every time I post I stumble across the answer immediately after!!! Rolleyes
I found window structure on the wiki and it looks like I just have to change the "defaultcontrol" on the home screen xml, hopefully thats it! I will give it a shot when I get home tonight. Of course I could be completely wrong, certainly not the first time!
Turns out I wasn't on the right track Eek
Anyone know how to get the home screen to default to a different section?
It's based on the order of the items in Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml and then in the section that starts:

Code:
<content>
     <item id="1">
      <description>music</description>

It is going to focus on the third item in this list that is visible. So it sounds like you disabled Music or Videos. You can move (as an example) HD Videos above Movies and it should do the trick for you assuming you do not want to re-enable Music or Videos. Just be sure to grab the whole item:

Code:
<item id="4">
    <description>hd movies</description>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[31280]</label>
    <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/HDmovies.jpg</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomHDMoviesFolder)]</thumb>            
    <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,special://skin/playlists/HDMovies.xsp,return)</onclick>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoHDMoviesButton) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>
</item>
-stoli-
So you can't change what position it starts at, you just put what you want to start with in the third position?

Seems a little weird but it works great thanks!!!
It's a "focused position" so if you set it to a different number, it would move the focus left or right and not in the center of the screen. It's one of those quirks....If there is a way around it, I am not aware of it. Smile
-stoli-
Hey Stoli,

Thanks again for the help, I do have one more little question... when the skin is updated will it overwrite my modified xml file?

Also I'm not sure if this is a bug, skin issue or expected but when I hit Reboot from the shut down sub menu it simply closed xbmc, I was expecting the computer to reboot but I've never used that option before so I'm not sure. Huh

Thanks!
Thumbs Up 
loki131 Wrote:Hey Stoli,

Thanks again for the help, I do have one more little question... when the skin is updated will it overwrite my modified xml file?

Also I'm not sure if this is a bug, skin issue or expected but when I hit Reboot from the shut down sub menu it simply closed xbmc, I was expecting the computer to reboot but I've never used that option before so I'm not sure. Huh

Thanks!
just back up your "userdata" folder to be safe
for shutdown you have to enable it in the settings menuNodNod
Thumbs Up 
delete
i've got a few home items set up in Custom Home -> Custom Favorites, and they work great, but i would like to re-arrange how they appear, like i am doing with my other home items (which i learned how to do when i found this thread).

i don't see them in Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml. i do see ten Custom Playlist items (each of the five listed twice with some variation in them) and five Custom Movie items. I don't think i am even aware what Custom Movies might be referring to. are those my favorites, maybe?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default home screen position?0