new build opinions please
Hi , although this is my first post i've been reading these forums for a long time and have had an xbmc machine running for quite a while.
But now I'm going to build myself a mini-itx machine so i can hide my old xbmc machine away and use it as a server.

The hardware im thinking about using is

CPU: i3 2100t
MB: H67M-ITX/HT (comes with remote and reciever)
Case: M350 Universal Mini-ITX enclosure or Antec ISK100
HDD: OCZ Vertex 60gb SSD

I know the cpu is more than enough power but i dont want to upgrade for as long as possible.

Now what I realy can't decide on is which case to get.
I like the m350 because i can put the IR reciever behind the front plate so it is out of sight, but will the mb and cpu heatsink/fan fit?
I like this ISK100 because it is cheaper and comes with a power supply. but i hate how the fan protrudes from the case.

Also has anyone used this board with openelec? I want a remote and reciever that will work without much set up as i dont know linux at all.

What are your opinions?
I am currently having trouble getting openelec to install using an i3. I get a black section about 3 inches across the left side of the screen. Although I am using a different mobo and the i3-2100.

I am using the 350 case with an atom build but I am thinking that the heatsink on the stock i3 will be too big to fit in the case. The zotac ion-itx-a-u heatsink/fan barely fit in the case.

Also why a 60GB ssd if you are wanting to run openelec? Is this just part of your future-proof?
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new build opinions please0