Hd-Ma media flag
This appears to be broken again. I am running the SVN Neon from the Passion-XBMC repo, and whenever I select a movie encoded with DTS-MA (dtsma in XML), there is no logo. Regular DTS and all other audio codecs show correctly.

I am using the 11/15/11 build of XBMC and my database is stored in MySQL if that helps anyone.
constrictor Wrote:This appears to be broken again. I am running the SVN Neon from the Passion-XBMC repo, and whenever I select a movie encoded with DTS-MA (dtsma in XML), there is no logo. Regular DTS and all other audio codecs show correctly.

I am using the 11/15/11 build of XBMC and my database is stored in MySQL if that helps anyone.

It doesn't appear to be a skin issue - if you press "o" while playing I'll wager it says it is AC3.
-stoli-
I think I figured it out...but I dont know what to do about it.

I was browsing my library last night and stopped on a movie that had the little icon for DTS-HDMA. I thought, whoa, its fixed! But then I looked through other movies that I know are DTS-HDMA, and the icon was missing.

So I jumped into MySQL and looked in the streamdetails table at the two movies that I had just checked.

I found that the ones that show the icon correctly, have a strAudioCodec value of 'dtshd_ma'. However, the ones that dont show the icon, have a value of 'dtsma'.

Sorting my library by the order the movies were entered in, I can see that the ones that say 'dtshd_ma' are all older, then at some point in the past, they all switch to 'dtsma'.

I put 2 and 2 together and realized that a while back, I switched to a newer version of Ember Media Manager, which is the program I use to scrape my movies, and create the XML data that XBMC uses to populate MySQL with.

So, for whatever reason, Ember changed the way it writes the audio codec information from 'dtshd_ma' to 'dtsma'. Neon and XBMC only recognize 'dtshd_ma' as being a valid audio codec.

This is where I am lost, how do I change this? Is there a setting somewhere in an XML file I can edit where I can say that both 'dtshd_ma' and 'dtsma' mean the same thing?
constrictor Wrote:I think I figured it out...but I dont know what to do about it.

[...]
So, for whatever reason, Ember changed the way it writes the audio codec information from 'dtshd_ma' to 'dtsma'. Neon and XBMC only recognize 'dtshd_ma' as being a valid audio codec.

This is where I am lost, how do I change this? Is there a setting somewhere in an XML file I can edit where I can say that both 'dtshd_ma' and 'dtsma' mean the same thing?

I've pushed and update that should accommodate this...
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:I've pushed and update that should accommodate this...

Sweet! Just updated to the Dec 11th pre-Eden build and now all my DTS-HD MA movies have their little icon! Thanks Stoli! Smile
Glad it works.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hd-Ma media flag0