XBMC crashes collecting meta data for Music
Hi,

I'm having the newest nightly XBMC on my ATV 2 (JB with Seas0npass, newest iOS). When I try to build a database out of my mp3 collection on my NAS (upnp), XBMC collects a very long time the meta information and then crashes suddenly. I think the problem might be, that there are about 17000 mp3's to be written in the database.
Does anyone else have this problem? It crashes randomly, not at a certain file.

Thanks and regards,

Claw
Yes. I gave up on the database I have over 100K mp3's on my NAS. I just use the directory structure (which is fine) to navigate through my collection.
I tried iTunes too, it gets so slow it's not workable with such a collection of files. Maybe it would be different story if all the tags were good to start with. I have a lot of files with unknown origin and missing tags, which sucks basically if you want anything "databased".
I have about 47K mp3's & I gave up as well. I prefer the native ATV/iTunes interface so it doesn't bother me much. Isn't there a known issue with XBMC not being able to scan m4a files and freezing or crashing? That's from memory so I could be wrong but I would check the Sticky on the subject.

@yabbiman - I had similar problems with iTunes (on both Mac & PC) from a NAS & all my music is tagged. I eventually gave up and moved the files to an external drive on the Mac that is running iTunes & it runs fine now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes collecting meta data for Music0