Step by Step manual to install XBMC to Newest 4.2.2(2203)
Followed the instruction in first post and all went well, I noticed in skins we only have 4 skins and two are broken, any reason why?? Also I'm trying to connect To my movies on my win 7 computer ulitmate, but it keeps asking for a password, I thought this was resolved in nightlies??

Paul
Thanks for the help in here. Great thread.
Thanks for this guide! It worked. I used it several weeks ago.

Now I would like to update to a new build. What are the steps? Should I repeat step 5 and 6? Do I need to worry about loosing settings?
markiz Wrote:Thanks for this guide! It worked. I used it several weeks ago.

Now I would like to update to a new build. What are the steps? Should I repeat step 5 and 6? Do I need to worry about loosing settings?

Found the answer in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97246
smellvetica Wrote:Hi,

1. Do I have to hook up to USB for this or does it work over wireless?

Tried over wireless and get this message:

2. iMac:~ user$ ssh [email protected]
ssh: connect to host 10.0.1.1 port 22: Connection refused

Anyone know what's going wrong here?

Thanks

Make sure you're trying the right IP. Pretty sure 10.0.1.1 is the Airport's default IP...connected devices start at: 10.0.1.2. I've gone in and set my ATV to be static at 10.0.1.20.

ATV > XBMC > Setting> Network = your ATV's IP. Smile
So I tried to follow the instructions , however I still face problems. I have jailbroken my aptv2 succesfully with Seasonpass, I can also connect to it, but as soon as I enter the $ apt-get update && apt-get upgrade command, I get the error and I am not able to carry on.
My aptv2 is connected with a powercord, to the power, and there is a usb from macbook to aptv2. It is impossible both to have hdmi->TV and usb->macbook due to size of the "plugs".
I must be doing something wrong, but what?
do u have it plugged into your network or wireless??
You need to SSH to your Apple TV2 over the network, wireless or ethernet, whichever method the Apple TV is connected by. You can't SSH via USB.

Also in Terminal, make sure you input:

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

and not

$ apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
danfozzy Wrote:do u have it plugged into your network or wireless??

its wireless to the the internet.
rirawin Wrote:You need to SSH to your Apple TV2 over the network, wireless or ethernet, whichever method the Apple TV is connected by. You can't SSH via USB.

Check!

rirawin Wrote:Also in Terminal, make sure you input:

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

and not

$ apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

Check! (again)
still no progress Sad
Sad 
miikz Wrote:Check!

Check! (again)
still no progress Sad

sounds like your jailbreak didnt install properly, id suggest doing a restore then rejailbreak again
danfozzy Wrote:sounds like your jailbreak didnt install properly, id suggest doing a restore then rejailbreak again

The seasonpass menu does say its jailbroken succesfully, and I am ready to install software, I guess thats not proof of jackshit then?
miikz Wrote:The seasonpass menu does say its jailbroken succesfully, and I am ready to install software, I guess thats not proof of jackshit then?

do you see nitotv in frontrow? i believe seas0npass installs it by default. if not it is not jailbroken.
The jailbreak was working allright, I have now managed to install xbmc. Thanks to everyone that chipped in!
i updated per the initial instructions however now SMB client isn't showing any of my computers. The install went well with the exception of this one issue. Anyone run into this and have a fix?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Step by Step manual to install XBMC to Newest 4.2.2(2203)1