[REQUEST] Tweens for lists
how about just on/true (aggressive) and off/false (disabled) and aggressive being default? I would like to avoid complicating things too much, but limiting possibilities is not good either ... what do You think about it?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Sounds good to me.
It seems to me that we should just allow the focused item to swing as much in either direction as it would if it was centered? i.e. allow from left-K to right+K for suitable K. Here "left" and "right" would be the left most and right most slots focusable, so may need to be container-dependent.

Agreed the Aggressive looks better than Default - Default has just a tad too much movement.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

it's already depend on container type - fixedlist and wraplist have different handling than list and panel (because of the nature of list container - we need to allow it going of the renderarea to see any scrolling)

this idea looks great to me - just how do we define K? hardcoing?
f.e.
K = items_per_page (or row/column in panel) * HARD_CODED_PERCENT_VALUE %
this value should be different for fixed/wraplists (like 50%) and lists/panels (25% - as it is now)
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Why does it need to be different for fixed/wrapped and lists/panels exactly? I would have thought all that would change is the allowed "slots" that the center of the interval may take.

eg for a list the slots would be 0 and m_itemsPerPage-1. From each of these you'd move down K and up K to give [-K, m_itemsPerPage+K-1].

For a wrap list that centers at slot C, you'd just have [C-K, C+K]?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

oh right, had some time to throw Jonathan's suggestion in (as a replacement of scrollcorrection methods).

Now this isn't so much different from what we currently have in dharma/nightlies - I just added ability to specify how far can we go to the left/right/up/down before we start correcting - so by default there won't be any change - but You can override it (by default we can go 1/4 ammount of items visible on 1 page).

git: https://github.com/pieh/xbmc/tree/container_tweak
win32 installer: http://michal.mexeo.pl/xbmc/container_tw...c54-dx.exe

usage:
<correctionthreshold>5</correctionthreshold> <!-- this means we can be up to 5 items of selected before there will be scroll correction -->
<scrolltime tween="sine" easing="out" maxscrolltime="1500">500</scrolltime> <!-- previous pagescrolltime is replaced with maxscrolltime - maxscrolltime will be used if we will reach correctionthreshold, actual scrolltime depend on how far we are of focused item -->

remember to backup Your databases etc, etc.

@Jonathan:
I wasn't adding any documentation, so don't bother reviewing it yet - this is just for guys to test functionality - I'll ping You when it will be ready

Tested it just now and it works perfectly, thanks.
basic support for containers and grouplist has been pushed to master (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/c4cc...aadd839436)

<scrolltime tween="foo" easing="bar">time</scrolltime>

this seems to fix the missing scroll offset label too.
actually it could be this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/c0ab...461033ddc4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Tweens for lists0