Which skin for Revo R3610
I have a Revo R3610 running Windows 7 with XBMC. I've been using the Aeon MQ2 skin which is amazing for me. However, it can get very, very laggy at times (which seems to be a common concern for others as well). Here's my needs for a skin:

On my home page I need to able to list at least 8 smart playlists and their own buttons (not submenu), music, pictures, and favorites. I also need to be able to take off unneeded buttons. I need integration with pseudotv and tvtunes. I'd like to be able to change the backgrounds for these various main menu items. Also, I need it to be lightweight and pretty snappy but look nice as well. Like I said, I really like MQ2 but it is pretty slow sometimes (especially after waking from sleep or after a movie). I tried Nox but I only see the ability to add 3 smart playlists to the main page and I need 8. Any help? Thanks in advance.
I use confluence and it lags at time as well (Revo 1600 w/ Windows 7)
Since you like Aeon you could consider the Neon skin. Either that or night are my two favorites.
Is there going to be a lag problem with this computer no matter what I do? I haven't added any RAM to it. Would that add snappiness or is that a cpu issue?
x2 on Neon or Night. Customizable home menus and some of the fanicer views but feels significantly lighter than Aeon. I even got Neon to run reasonably quick on an ATV1 and its plenty quick on my 3610 under Ubuntu.
primetime34 Wrote:Is there going to be a lag problem with this computer no matter what I do? I haven't added any RAM to it. Would that add snappiness or is that a cpu issue?

Not sure of the performance differences between Windows and Live but I have an unmodified 3610 and have Xperience running under Live and I don't notice and lag with that. When I press a button on the remote it does it there and then!
Yeah I have Xperience running on a Asrock Ion because it performs nicely

Fanart is the main offender when it comes to performance on lower powered systems like these so switching to dds will make a big difference as your GPU will do most of the work instead of your CPU I believe thumbs are also now converted to dds as well

The only reason not to switch to dds is if space is at a premium as dds are a lot larger than jpg, if that's the case then instead of using dds you can set your fanart to be cached at 720p this is what I did on the Asrock and it made quite a difference
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
What is dds and how does one convert jpg to dds? Thanks.
primetime34 Wrote:What is dds and how does one convert jpg to dds? Thanks.

Not sure what platform you are using but on Live it's the following

Look in /home/USER/.xbmc/userdata

They may be a file called advancedsettings.xml

If not you need to create it

Open the file and add the following

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</advancedsettings>

If you already have the opening and closing <advancedsettings> you just add the <useddfanart> bit before the end of the closing tag

Restart the machine, done

When you next load the image it will load the JPG, create a DD image and use that forevermore.

Full guide - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
He's using win 7 its in the first post so advancedsettings.xml will need to go in

C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

If your in portable mode then it goes in

C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\userdata

Just be aware of what dsmuk said images aren't converted to dds AFAIK until you have been on that poster/fanart in your library and it will take some time to convert each one its not going to be a fast process on a Revo so don't expect to see much improvement until all the images are converted to dds

You can always look in your cache folder and see how many tbn files have a dds equivalent
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
So is dds an image in the local folder instead of a jpg or tbn? Is that what makes it faster?
With dds files all the work is done by the GPU unlike with jpg, tbn files are just jpg with a different extension

Read more below ignore the part after the advanced setting code

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=413466&postcount=1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which skin for Revo R36100