"HD" in title screws up scraping...
Hi everyone, new XBMC user here.

All of my movies are in folders. My standard def movies are in the DVD folder structure (Video TS, Audio TS), which are within the title folder, and my HD movies are single files within title folders. I wanted to be able to tell if a movie was HD or not just based on the title, so I added "HD" to the end of every title.

When I scraped my movies, this is what happened:

All the titles with HD on the end failed to scrape at all. i.e. "Armageddon HD" had no extra goodies.

Except HD movies where I had added the date. A folder labeled as "Alice in Wonderland (2010) HD" on my hard drive showed up as "Alice in Wonderland (2010)", and everything scraped perfectly, with the poster displayed properly.

My standard definition movies with the DVD folder structure scraped properly in that you can look at all their information and see the poseter art when you click on information. The problem is, when you are browsing through the movies, no poster shows up. You have to dig all the way down to the VIDEO TS sub-folder to find the poster file.

So it appears that including HD in the title screws everything up. Should I just give up on trying to indicate whether the movie is HD or not?

Also, any ideas as to why the poster art isn't displaying properly?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Even if it's just a link to a thread I might have overlooked.
instead of putting hd in the title, just put them all in one folder, either way you will be able to tell the resolution difference via the media flags in the skin.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Yea I might do this. At this point I'm just trying to make the poster art work for my standard definition stuff.
they should scrape, did you try to refresh the info and select get fan art? There is also the possibility that it does not have any.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
dopethrone Wrote:So it appears that including HD in the title screws everything up. Should I just give up on trying to indicate whether the movie is HD or not?

You want to have a look at the cleanstrings section here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...strings.3E

'HD' as a string in the filename is not something standard, so it's not included in the strip list by default.
Quote:they should scrape, did you try to refresh the info and select get fan art? There is also the possibility that it does not have any.

Well technically they do scrape, the poster art just doesn't display when I hover over the movie title. I can go into movie information and all the details are there. These are a few hundred very common standard definition DVD's.

Quote:'HD' as a string in the filename is not something standard, so it's not included in the strip list by default.

Thanks for the tip. To be honest, I'm not even sure how I would apply/install that. (linux command line?) For now I think I'll just delete the "HD" on the titles, and focus on getting my standard def stuff to work. Thanks though, I'll remember that for future use.
dopethrone Wrote:Thanks for the tip. To be honest, I'm not even sure how I would apply/install that. (linux command line?) For now I think I'll just delete the "HD" on the titles, and focus on getting my standard def stuff to work. Thanks though, I'll remember that for future use.

Very difficult, you just need to create the file advancedsettings.xml with the linked settings from the wiki (which is a copy-paste) and place it to your userdata dir. It's all explained on that wiki page.

As for your VIDEO_TS folders, did you enabled stacking?
dopethrone Wrote:Thanks for the tip. To be honest, I'm not even sure how I would apply/install that. (linux command line?) For now I think I'll just delete the "HD" on the titles, and focus on getting my standard def stuff to work. Thanks though, I'll remember that for future use.

All you need to do is add "hd" as a string I've added it below at the begining of the string that's all you need to do

advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <cleanstrings>
   <regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](hd|ac3|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|www.www|cd[1-9]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
   <regexp>(\[.*\])</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Most people tag there hd movies as 720p or 1080p if you look at the string that's already included
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Most people tag there hd movies as 720p or 1080p if you look at the string that's already included

The above is how i tag mine.

e.g.

X:/Films/Avatar (2009) 1080p/Avatar (2009) 1080p.mkv
X:/Films/Daybreakers (2009) 720p/Daybreakers (2009) 720p.mkv
Thanks guys, I'll try this out when I get home from work.

Quote:As for your VIDEO_TS folders, did you enabled stacking?

Olympia THANK YOU. I thought I had already tried this, but I gave it another go around and it fixed everything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"HD" in title screws up scraping...0