• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
Is there anyway to Run updates in the background? The "caching" progress bar kills the mood.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
BlueCop,

I hope it ok to delve into your code and do some basic editing...

Not all the networks are working on my AppleTV1 so I edited out the ones I couldn't get to work. (Will continue to research that problem later, this was the quick fix for my wife.)

You need to edit the "_common.py" file and remove the networks you don't want.

plugin.video.free.cable\resources\lib\_common.py

Just remove the networks you don't want. Don't forget to remove the trailing comma if you remove the last network...

PHP Code:
"""

DEFINE

"""

site_dict = {'ABC''abc',

'CBS''cbs',

'NBC''nbc',

'The CW':'thecw',

'FX''fx'

sorry about the issues. I got USA, SyFy and Spike working. I will add an option to filter out stations that require a newer librtmp. I am going to wait till I get the quality setting and proxy fixed before committing a new version.
BlueCop Wrote:sorry about the issues. I got USA, SyFy and Spike working. I will add an option to filter out stations that require a newer librtmp. I am going to wait till I get the quality setting and proxy fixed before committing a new version.

great thank you bluecop. your addons are always top notch! thank you for your xbmc support on making xbmc great. Big Grin
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
BlueCop Wrote:Also if anyone has any other US stations that stream full episodes please post them.
Thanks Bluecop for the fantastic work, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we really appreciate all your time and effort. How about support for Versus and Universal Sports? Universal Sports does live streaming of some events (like the boston marathon) - not sure how you could handle that generically, but also has cached versions of lots of their broadcasts.
I also really appreciated your effort in streaming NCAA basketball this year! I'd love to be able to stream the Ironman in October, or any of the other content from ironmanlive.com. It would be nice if we could get a "tiger team" set up for events like this so we could start working on them a few weeks in advance and have them ready. I would love to assist if you like - don't know much about flash, but very experienced with wireshark and protocol analysis.
teaguecl: I was trying to keep this mainly episodic television content. I don't really think Live streams and News programs fit as well. Other plug-ins kinda fill that gaps. maybe a live streams plug-in would be more suited for the sports sites. also a 'tiger team' sounds like a good idea to me.

mrdally204: it should work correctly on xbmc4xbox but I didn't test it.

darkscout: could you expound on what you mean?

I committed an update to add USA, SyFy, Spike, ABC Family, and TV Land. It also has working bitrate settings. I also enabled proxy support for CBS. I will try to expand this to other sites once I research which requests need a proxy. There isn't an option to filter sites that need a new librtmp yet. I still need to collect the needed data. there are some known issues but I am going to detail those in the first post.
Humble suggestion: Add the list of non--working stations for ATV2 users to the "known issues". Otherwise, you are likely to see a lot of posts about it.

For me (and all ATV2 users, I assume): ABC, CBS, NBC, FX (not FOX) are working & all the others are not. Although I haven't tried the latest additions yet.

Again, thanks for your work on this.
BlueCop Wrote:There isn't an option to filter sites that need a new librtmp yet. I still need to collect the needed data.
Yeap I just need to confirm which sites needed filtering.
Just started using this and I love it! I have traditionally just watched my own archived content using XBMC.
Does anyone know if streaming through a plugin like this one accesses the hard drive? I ask because I use Live with a SSD, and store all of my media on a remote NAS with the intent of doing no writes to the SSD. Does the streaming cache stuff (maybe in /tmp)? Any suggestions for how to check? I have not yet put /tmp in a ramdisk, but would consider going through that effort if it reduced the writes to my SSD.
teaguecl:. I don't think it caches anything to disc. I am not sure though. I would be interested in this information as well. I also have a ssd in my htpc. I haven't been too worried about writes. I mainly got it so it would load poster and fanart quicker.
Bluecop,
I can indeed verify that the add on is working on Xbox. I tried a few stations with success. Will test em all later. Thanks for making the required changes for Xbox compatibility!

Would you mind if XBMC4XBOX linked to your repo in their repo installer, as they are trying to grow the working add-on list? I will also take a look at your other add ons, see which works and add code as needed (if I can) to get it working across the board.
@BlueCop: when I try to update FreeCable on my ATV2 it fails. This happened with the last update as well & also happens with your CBS Add-on. Steps to replicate error:

1) Go to Settings > Add-ons > Available Updates > Video Add-ons
2) FreeCable shows "update available", Selecting it opens "Add-on Information"
3) Select Update
4) I *Immediately* get "Installation Failed" with red X in upper right of screen.
5) Screen goes back to Video Add-ons screen where FreeCable shows "dowloading 0%" -where it will remain until I cancel it.
6) Attempting the update again has the same results.

Again, I am on ATV2, Dharma 10.1 (no nightly).

The fix has always been to remove & re-install the Add-on & I assume that will work this time but thought you may want to look into it. Log file:

http://pastebin.com/jkyF9MYs
yeap I dont package the repo in zips. the last offical atv2 build doesnt like updating this way. it works on other platforms. I will install a nightly and see if it fixes updating.

also if you're an artist and want to help me make some consistent station icons and maybe fanart then send me a pm.
eTip, simply uninstall and reinstall. It will be the latest version.
Yeah that's what I do. Just hadn't seen any other posts about it so thought I would bring it up & post the log.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator10