• 46(current)
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
just wanted to confirm that the daily show / colbert report stopped working for me about a week or two ago (Eden/Linux/patched rtmp). Accessing them via hulu plugin is working fine still.
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for this, Bluecop. Sincerely appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this (and all) of your plugins. I'm glad to see you're still around!

I saw a mention of HGTV. Is there any hope in that ever working in this plugin?

Thanks again!
First of all, thanks BlueCop for this awesome plugin. I have really enjoyed it. Are there any streams that are more channels than stereo? Seems USA, CBS and ABC are all just stereo. Is it perhaps a ATV2 setting issue? I think that I have played 6-channel audio before. Anyone have any experience with the free cable plugin supporting more than just stereo?

Again, thanks much.
First of all: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, BLUECOP! You've done great work and thousands of users profit from it. Second: Excuse me - but the thread has become so big, that I can't read it all. So maybe this question has aroused a thousand times: Is it right, that many add-ons did only work in the USA properly? With free cable I can access all the channels, they even show me their content, but here in germany the shows don't play. I.e. NBC runs great, AMC does not. Is there a way to go around it? Again: Thanks!
swd72000 Wrote:Hi BC.

I have done a fresh instal on my iPhone and added your plugin. Still no joy with ios although it did work on my mac.

Log file uploaded here: http://pastebin.com/9XczsnfP

Added the log file for my iPad too. That suffers errors trying to open A&E too. Log here: http://pastebin.com/w5GcSdi4

Thanks

Hi BlueCop.
Sorry to be a pain. Did you have a chance to look at the log files I posted? Any idea what the problem might be re: A&E?

Thanks again.
for some videos it says script failed such as 2 and a half men
wipeout works fine tho
Thank you for all the hard work you've done on this add-on and others. I appreciate using and tinkering your code.

You once asked about changing the name of this add-on. I think it might be a good time to consider changing it only because you say "free cable." In this day and age when many search engines scrape and retain everything, a person searching for "free cable" might stumble upon this forum and thread. While it could lead to a good thing on a personal level (installing XBMC and this add-on), I think it could lead to a misunderstanding and unwanted attention from the cable companies and providers.

Renaming this app would remove some incorrect assumptions. Something simple like "USTV" or "ViewUS" still retains the concept I feel.

But like I wrote earlier, I really do appreciate your work. XBMC "Eden" and your work has made me excited to spend time programming again and wishing I was not spending the day at work. The last time I was this excited was my first Ubuntu distro. I ended up helping programmers designing better UIs and writing a lot of Man pages. There are a lot of things I would like to experiment in XBMC, like:
  • testing XBMC with Windows 8
  • program an automated scraper utility that scans for newly posted shows and informs the user. e.g. "You watched show season 2, episode 2 last week. season 2, episode 3 is now available."
  • presets from the home screen that would allow you to type in a 4 digit code that will take you to a predefined selection instead of drilling down through lists.
  • make the windows 7 layer as lean and efficient as possible for XBMC.
  • picture in picture
Any update on ABC?
Smile

springroll Wrote:Thanks for confirming that it's not a Geo-blocking issue. Whew, good knowing that I'm not the only one experiencing the same issue.

BlueCop - Were you aware of the issue (i.e. ABC shows only play for about 5-10 minutes before abruptly stopping and returning to episodes menu)?
springroll: It seems they are updating their rss feeds again. can anyone else confirm this? I don't see a need to change anything if they keep updating them.
Yes, sir! It's working now and it doesn't stop after 5 mins either! Not sure how that happened with the rss feed update.

BlueCop Wrote:springroll: It seems they are updating their rss feeds again. can anyone else confirm this? I don't see a need to change anything if they keep updating them.
BlueCop Wrote:springroll: It seems they are updating their rss feeds again. can anyone else confirm this? I don't see a need to change anything if they keep updating them.

Yep, ABC is working perfectly again.
Great addon, love the new additions.
I said it before and I said it again... I love you BC Smile
Your list of plugins are invaluable to me the wife and the kids!

Couldn't appreciate it more, and I know it's not much, but just so you know, you've made my household a very happy place and for that we really very grateful.

Keep the up the awesome work...
Pat~
What the chance that you will make what behind a login wall available?

EDIT:
Never minded CN, TBS, and TNT works for me
ABC works again. I really like this add-on. All my favorite add-ons are bluecops.. hulu, free cable, amazon
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator10