• 76(current)
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
OMG - I just wanted to thank BlueCop for this plugin. I will soon be ditching cable thanks to you!
(2013-01-17, 00:15)atv2jber Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for this super awesome addon.

Is it possible to fix the feed for 60 minutes under CBS? Even though the Full Episodes shows a nice list of shows it's NOT current compared to what is published on the CBS 60-minutes website.

http://www.cbsnews.com/60-minutes/

Thanks.

I'm going to assume that the answer is "No"?

Something went wrong.

I've been troubleshooting SyFy problems, and decided this morning to start fresh with just the latest Openelec and Free Cable addon. Everything works fine except that all I end up with is an empty Bluecop repository. Free Cable never shows up as an addon.

Any ideas what's going on?
The free cable addon will not keep the setting you apply. For example you want to view list, and it doesn't go to the list style, save favorites.. you cant see the favorites. I am using Frodo
Living Room: i3 • WIN 8 x64 • 160GB Standard hard drive (soon a SSD) • HD 5400 • Rapier (easily customizable) • Imon Enclosure
Server: Dell PowerEdge 310 • media storage (20TB) • LSI HW raid • 15 hd bay enclosure (raid6)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1303449
(2013-01-17, 17:48)BlueCop Wrote: 00b5: it is connecting to tvdb and looking for the new show meta-data. if the tvdb search returns more then one match then a selection is displayed. you see the show title as the box title. the box will list the selectable list of shows tvdb matched. this only happens once when adding the show to the database. It is only once per new show. it only happens when the site has new shows. you can also refresh tvdb data via context items on the show.

Ok, simple, thanks, glad I asked.

Thanks for the making all these great plugins!
Does A&E work for anyone? It stopped working for me Sad
A&E not working here too. Show list works - script error when I try to play a show. Using Frodo XBMC Linux build for Pivos DS M3. It's been broken for around a week.
Thanks for checking. If i have any time today I'm going to try to debug it.
Well I give up. I tried for about an hour or so, I really don't know how the video url is extracted from the webpage. It seems the way A&E is doing it now is totally different from before.

I'm sure someone more intimate with video embedding could get it figured out. It's looking for mrss= or mrss: but that no longer exists on A&E pages.
jamesbe: They are no longer base64 encoding the data to obfuscate the information. They seem to just be in plain text now. I will try to figure out what needs to be updated.

it seems they are no longer using the mrss data. We can access the new SMIL(syncornize multimedia integrated language) file url via the releaseURL or HTML5releaseURL which are both now in clear text.
Thanks BlueCop! I'm having storage wars withdrawal symptoms LOL!

I was looking at the URLs right in the header thinking it could be grabbed directly from there, I tried hard coding one just to see how it would work out, but then more code down the line does more parsing so I wasn't sure what it was trying to do.

First time I ever look at any plugin code so I wasn't sure how it is getting passed to the mediaplayer in the end.

Many thanks for your hard work on this! Can't wait for the update Smile
Is there a master list of the networks/channels in Free Cable that are or are not working? I run Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with XBMC 11.0 (compiled on April 24, 2012 - the version available through the PPA repo), and many of the channels no longer work. Are some of the updates to this add on only available for the release candidates of XBMC 12.0? I generally avoid beta versions of my "workhorse" software and have stuck to the stable version in the Ubuntu PPA repo, so I wonder if I'm missing out on some updates. Thanks.
I've been having trouble playing back episodes of This Old House on PBS for the past few weeks. Playback used to work prior to Christmas, but after the new year I began to get script failed errors when selecting an episode to play. Other PBS shows play back without error. For This Old House, it looks like there is a URL issue - here's a log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29594
Nick, I use the PBS plug-in to play PBS shows, I find it works better.
Didn't know such a thing existed, I'll give it a try, thanks!
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator10