Adding files to XBMC Live USB Drive
Hello all,

I hope my first post here is not a stupid one.

Here is what i am trying to do.

I have a 16GB flash drive that i would like to have XBMC live installed on. However all i want to use this for is for a portable media center and nothing more. I want the ability to be able to copy my movie files from my Windows computer to the flash drive and have them played in XBMC when booted. However when i go to install XBMC to the flash drive it will only install with linux partitions and those cannot be read in Windows, so every time i plug in the drive it asks if i want to format it.

Is there a way to have XBMC installed to the flash drive in FAT32 file system?
I tried during the install process to have 3 partitions. One in EXT4, the other SWAP, and the 10GB space as FAT32. The only problem is that windows will not read the FAT32 because windows will only recognize one primary or logical partition on a removable storage device and in this case it sees the EXT4 partition first since it is bootable.

Any help is very very much appreciated.

-Travis-
Never mind, my first post to the forums was stupid.

I booted the Live CD and used the Bootable Disk wizard to install XBMC to the flash drive, and it is formatted as FAT32, so i can access the drive from with-in windows to add new media to it.

Sorry for the post

-Travis-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding files to XBMC Live USB Drive0