including a playlist in music submenu screws artist fan art
Question 
I'm a complete noob to XBMC skinning but I managed to include a link to a smart playlist in the music submenu. I included the following code to HomeSubMenu.xml under audio sub menu section and also commented out the addon option coz I wont b using that

Code:
<item id="11">
        <label>shuffle all</label>
        <onclick>xbmc.PlayMedia(special://profile/playlists/music/Random.xsp) </onclick>
        <onclick>ActivateWindow(musicplaylist)</onclick>
        <visible>Library.HasContent(Music)</visible>
</item>

This seems to be working but the only problem I am facing is if I play something with this option the artist fan art is not showing up in now playing. If I play with some other method(say Party Mode) the fan art is there.. Any one help??
sorry to bump this but does anyone know how to play a playlist in party mode.. I mean the command.. like XBMC.PlayMedia or XBMC.PlayerControl

edit:- to elaborate: we have an option in XBMC Dharma to play any playlist in party mode. I was looking to achieve this through skinning. One <onclick> event that would accomplish this. Any ideas?
manujosephv Wrote:sorry to bump this but does anyone know how to play a playlist in party mode.. I mean the command.. like XBMC.PlayMedia or XBMC.PlayerControl

edit:- to elaborate: we have an option in XBMC Dharma to play any playlist in party mode. I was looking to achieve this through skinning. One <onclick> event that would accomplish this. Any ideas?

<onclick>PlayerControl(Partymode,music)</onclick>
I wasn't clear on my requirement I guess.. I'll explain..
if we pull up a context menu on any playlist we will get an option to play in party mode. So I was looking for do that specific action.

The PartMode by default uses a playlist PartyMode.xsp. so <onclick>PlayerControl(Partymode,music)</onclick> would only play that playlist in partymode. Am I right?. I have a playlist called random.xsp. I wanted to play this playlist in partymode. Hope I am clear enough.. Smile
I figured this out..

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.PlayerControl(Partymode(special://profile/playlists/music/Random.xsp))</onclick>

should do the trick.. works like a charm for me..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
including a playlist in music submenu screws artist fan art0