VDPAU not always being used.
I'll get a log as soon as possible, but I'm having a problem where H264 HD channels, seemingly randomly, don't use VDPAU decoding, and since I'm using an Atom/ION system the Atom CPU can't decode fast enough. Sometimes stopping the channel and starting again fixes it, sometimes a channel just won't decode with VDPAU with multiple stop/starts/channel changes whereas another HD channel will.

Can't seem to find a pattern yet.

Using VDR - ODK36, updated yesterday to 36 but it was happening every so often before.

(just checked and it seems ODK38 is released, I'll give that a go soon)
Here we go

http://pastebin.com/LzYzTRmJ

PVR channel 49 - Good Food HD doesn't use VDPAU (ff-h264)
PVR channel 92 - Comedy Central HD uses VDPAU (ff-h264_vdpau-vdpau)
looks like a problem in vdr, the vdr add-on or the stream itself. it's reporting a size of 0x0, so initing vdpau fails.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hmm, bugger.

It seems to always happen on Good Food HD now but had in the past only happened occasionally on it. It has also happened on Channel 4 HD every so often too (though I didn't check that last night), but I doubt the channel itself is relevant. Just the fact that it's being reported as 0x0.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU not always being used.0