Zotac Nvidia ION 330 wont play HD content in Live or Linux
Hi All,

I have been searching around for an answer, but have gotten nowhere. My issue is that with a linux install (ubuntu, dharma or nightly build) any divx or xvid SD content will play back just fine. However any 720p-1080p h264/x264 will not (VDPAU is enabled and the latest NVIDIA drivers are installed). When I select a video file, it will buffer for a minute, and then just sit there like it is trying to play, but the movie timer will not advance and it is still displaying the video library no video, no stuttering video...its like the codec or something is completely missing.

It used to work, but after I updated ubuntu it no longer does and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I can get HD content to play back in Windows7.

What is frustrating is that i dont know where to start, since the video won't even start...most of the issues on the forum are fixing studdering video. Thanks in advance!
do you have libvdpau1 installed? This is what enabled HW acceleration.

type on terminal aptitude show libvdpau1 and pastebin the results.....

Besides the nvidia drivers which best use the most recent stable... feel fee to rummage my signature links.

also debug logs would help....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac Nvidia ION 330 wont play HD content in Live or Linux0