• 7(current)
[RELEASE] 8tracks - Listen to handcrafted internet radio
(2015-02-22, 22:18)Fofer Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 01:30)Dash145 Wrote: plugin.audio.8tracks-0.2.10.zip workes with Kodi 14.1 (no changes required)

I have Kodi 14.1 installed and running well on my Amazon FireTV Stick, with many excellent plugins.

When I try to install plugin.audio.8tracks-0.2.10.zip though, I get the "Dependencies not met" error.

Huh

Same here
(2015-02-28, 23:20)stoney321 Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 22:18)Fofer Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 01:30)Dash145 Wrote: plugin.audio.8tracks-0.2.10.zip workes with Kodi 14.1 (no changes required)

I have Kodi 14.1 installed and running well on my Amazon FireTV Stick, with many excellent plugins.

When I try to install plugin.audio.8tracks-0.2.10.zip though, I get the "Dependencies not met" error.

Huh

Same here

As well as here
Hello,
I had the dependency error as well, when trying to install with the file linked by skyhigh69.
However, I could get rid of it by applying the changes in addon.xml in the zip file (change it to version 2.1.0).

To do so, I had problems at first generating a valid zip-file after editing the files manually.
These can be resolved under Linux / OS X by using vim to directly edit the file inside the zip file (see http://superuser.com/questions/647674/is...extracting):
Code:
$ vi plugin.audio.8tracks-0.2.10.zip
You need select the file to edit (addon.xml), make the changes and save by leaving both windows with :x
Then I could install it on Kodi, without getting the dependencies error.

However, now I'm getting another error:

Script failed! 8tracks

This appears even after editing Addon.py with
Code:
$ vi ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.8tracks/resources/lib/Addon.py
and commenting out the lines as proposed by autogun.

(OSMC on Rapsberry 2)
I have extracted the zip to ~/.kodi/addons without any changes.
For the ones geting "Script error", change in file .kodi/addons/plugin.audio.8tracks/resources/lib/eighttracks.py
the line
Code:
import simplejson as json
with the line
Code:
import json

Why
Because on newer versions of python, the simplejson module was included by default, and renamed to json, so if you are on python 2.6+ you must edit the imports
Got it working in Isengard, but should work on Helix too.

Uninstall existing 8tracks addon if you have it installed, then exit out of kodi.

On your computer, download plugin.audio.8tracks-0.2.10.zip from

https://github.com/sbchisholm/repository...io.8tracks

Unzip the file.

In the addon.xml, change code from

<import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>

to

<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>

In the eighttracks.py file,
/plugin.audio.8tracks/resources/lib/eighttracks.py

Change code from

import simplejson as json

to

import json

I used Notepadd++ to make the changes. Don't rezip the addon. Just copy the entite directory (I use ftp on my FireTV) to your kodi addons directory.

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/

Restart kodi. You may have to reboot device. Works like a charm!
got the addon running with the fixes described above, but now I'm left wondering: what's the easiest way to get a mix running on my raspberry that i just found while browsing the internet?

I search for the artist, nothing shows up; when i enter the title into the artist search, it only finds anything at all when I enter no more than a single word...

Edit: ok, I see the website's search is just as shitty, so it's not an issue of the addon... Wink
When I try to unzip the 8tracks plugin. I don't get a folder. I get another zipfile ending in .cpgz

Is there anyway I should be unzipping it.

Thanks
Hi there,
I used the addon a lot, but I'm not able to start playlists any more. I can search for them and browse through the recommended lists, but if I try to start one I get the message:
Couldn't get URL - Forbidden
The logfile sais the same:
12:31:17 397827.281250 T:1509946272 ERROR: 8tracks: Couldn't get URL Forbidden

The homepage of 8tracks seems to have changed, too. Maybe this is the reason. For example they always show the video of the title you're listening to.
I also tried to log in with my user account, but it didn't work, too.

Does anyone have this problem, too? Or is there a solution? Or is there a good alternative to 8tracks?
Thanks a lot!

PS: some music is blocked due to some laws here in Germany, but normally it just skips those titles and goes on the the ones I'm allowed to listen to. But I guess this is not the reason for the URL-problem.
I'm trying to install this plugin for my GF, and I'm having the same issue. Is there currently another way to listen to 8tracks from Kodi?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 8tracks - Listen to handcrafted internet radio2