• 3(current)
[RELEASE] 8tracks - Listen to handcrafted internet radio
Code:
16:59:32 T:3264   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "value" for method "setProperty" must be unicode or str
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 431, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 81, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_artist_info()
                                              File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 275, in _fetch_artist_info
                                                json_query = unicode(json_query, 'utf-8', errors='ignore')
                                            TypeError: argument "value" for method "setProperty" must be unicode or str
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Not working for me. Can someone help me interpret this error?
I see that the error I posted above is a red herring, having to do with the randomitems script that I rectified by downloading the Frodo version of randomitems and has nothing to do with 8tracks.

For anyone that 8tracks is still working for, can you please tell me which version of XBMC you are running it on?

Maybe it has to do with the version I am running? (Windows 7 with latest pre-Frodo nightly).

Working fine for me on openelec, xbmc v 11 32 bit. Just wish it was a bit more feature-filled, but still streams!
Hi guys, I'm Remi, the CTO at 8tracks.

I just want to let you know that if anyone wants to take over the plugin, I can provide direct help through email so don't hesitate to contact me: remi@8tracks.com

Cheers,

Remi
@Icarus3000

It works for me under Windows 7, OSX and Linux - All with Eden. I haven't tried with Frodo.
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Hi,

thank you for the development effort, this would be very useful add-on for home media center!

I'm trying it out with Raspberry Pi board with XBMC installation package from www.raspbmc.com
And I get red Script failed! error with following notes on log:

Code:
---14:02:14 T:1207559232   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'output'
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.8tracks/default.py", line 35, in <module>
                                                et = EightTracks()
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.8tracks/resources/lib/eighttracks.py", line 41, in __init__
                                                Addon.log('loading set number')
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.8tracks/resources/lib/Addon.py", line 37, in log
                                                xbmc.output(addon.getAddonInfo('name') + ': ' +
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'output'
14:02:14 T:1102258176   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.8tracks
14:02:14 T:1102258176   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.8tracks) failed

Not sure about version of XBMC (settings info screen shows XBMC 12.0 Alpha7) maybe wrong Python version (2.7.3rc2) but if there is some easy fix available - you would make many people happy!
Hi,

I've just joined, so new here; but try changing all instances of Addon.log to xbmc.log and all instances of xbmc.output to xbmc.log.

I found I had to do this to get the subsonic addon to work in Frodo. Addon.log has been deprecated.

Hope it helps,

Geoff
Anyone help with this.

I have 8tracks working perfectly with my windows 7 XBMC box but when I try it on my Openelec one it just restarts XBMC like it has crashed when I select a mix to play

any ideas?
I get an error when I use 'browse by tags'. It says JSON not found or something, and script error.

A shame, all you can really do is find the popular mixes.

Would love the user features such as liked mixes etc!
Script error in Frodo which in no time will be standard XBMC version. C'mon.
(2012-10-01, 18:59)rgabillet Wrote: Hi guys, I'm Remi, the CTO at 8tracks.

I just want to let you know that if anyone wants to take over the plugin, I can provide direct help through email so don't hesitate to contact me: remi@8tracks.com

Cheers,

Remi

Hey Remi,
great offer there. I will see if I can find someone to take over the development. There is a few bugs with the code and a couple things not working, and then of course more features would be cool.

It still works for me on my ATV2 xbmc, haven't tried it on my openelec boxes yet. I love 8tracks, and would love to see this plugin continued.

Here is the current openelec crash message for this plugin.
14:05:30 T:140128810956544 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
14:05:30 T:140128810956544 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:05:30 T:140128810956544 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'output'
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.8tracks/default.py", line 31, in <module>
Addon.log('plugin url: ' + Addon.plugin_url)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.8tracks/resources/lib/Addon.py", line 37, in log
xbmc.output(addon.getAddonInfo('name') + ': ' +
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'output'
14:05:30 T:140130281072448 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.8tracks/
14:05:30 T:140130281072448 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.8tracks/) failed

I have a fair bit to learn about XBMC addons before I can figure this out.
OK,
I got the plugin working on Frodo with minimal changes. I will post them to my github when I have a fixed the API crash on browse tags
Hrmm, this isn't as easy as I thought, the JSON url was wrong, so I fixed that, but I still get this error when hitting browse tags:
14:37:22 T:140129255540480 NOTICE: getting http://8tracks.com/mixes.json?tag_page=1...153ba7b98f
14:37:23 T:140129255540480 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('tags',)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.8tracks/default.py", line 99, in <module>
for tag in result['tags']:
KeyError: ('tags',)
14:37:23 T:140130281072448 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.8tracks/?mode=tags
14:37:23 T:140130281072448 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.8tracks/?mode=tags) failed

For those people wanting to get it working at least for some things, I did as someone in this thread suggested, and replaced Addon.log with xbmc.log in default py and in resources/lib/eighttracks.py
I did a find replace on Addon.log with xbmc.log and it worked again.
Browse mixes as an api/json mismatch now, and I am not sure how to make that work.

I managed to get it running on 12.0-RC2 Git:8e45737. I've updated the plugin and added it to my repo here. Let me know if it work for you.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 8tracks - Listen to handcrafted internet radio2